News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Super fuzz tone switch help

Started by Dawnofzion, October 04, 2016, 07:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawnofzion

I'm looking to do a Univox Superfuzz clone.  I have the Pcb etched and ready.  I want to do a slight modification to the tone switch. Instead of a simple toggle switch,  I want to do a foot switch that has a dual color LED that will change colors between tones that are selected with the switch.  I'm not sure how to do this....any ideas? What type of footswitch (2dpt?) is needed and how would this be wired up?  Any input is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jebus

If the original switch is SPDT then DPDT gets the job done. Use the extra row for the leds like this: http://i.stack.imgur.com/qkf9a.png

Adjust the resistors so that the leds are similar in brightness.

Post a schematic if you need more precise help. :)

Edit. Forget the latching switch on the picture.

Dawnofzion

I am finally getting around to finishing this pedal and still have questions about the dpdt switch for bicolor LED.

See the image below for switch.  The two green wires are the two in and out from the board.  The black is a ground wire.
Do I use the second set of poles on the right for the led? Using the center post as the ground? How would this LED get power?

Dawnofzion

Can anyone help on how to get the bicolor led wired up correctly?

jkokura

Wiring depends entirely on your bi colour. Is it common anode or cathode?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

WormBoy

As Jacob said, it depends on the type of LED. Also depends on your preferences. There's a number of different ways you can wire them up, with one resistor or two (to match the brightness of the two colors to your liking, as Jebus proposed, although that scheme was for two LEDs). The common leg of the LED will be tied to either ground or 9V (depending on your LED), and current will always need to run through a CLR, which can be on either side of the LED. One option is shown over here: http://www.muzique.com/news/images/bicolor2.gif, but there are different options as well (you can connect 9V to the middle pole of the switch and put the resistor between LED and ground, etc.). First you have to find out what LED you have  ;).

Dawnofzion

Got it to work using the schematic in the link above.  Thanks for the help!