News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wolfshirt Fuzz (Foxx Tone Machine)

Started by jurfin, October 07, 2016, 07:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jurfin

Hello boys and girls! This is my first build on a Madbean board, and the eighth pedal I've ever built. I've seen some really amazing work on this forum, so go easy on me  :D

I built this for a friend/coworker who asked for an octave fuzz. He's a phenomenal luthier that's been fixing things way longer than I've been alive, so the pressure was on to deliver the cleanest build I could muster up. I feel like I'm finally starting to get the hang of being neat and patient with solid core wire. I love the sound of this thing. It absolutely rips with my Jazzmaster!

Board mounted pots make a huge difference in tidying things up! I also really appreciated the layout of the board itself. All leads going to and from the board were located in great spots to help facilitate order and cleanliness. I am very pleased with the quality of the board and the resulting build. I'm really looking forward to building the Slow Loris and 8 Ball boards I've got on my bench this weekend!

He specified that he wanted no paint and no labels, as he wants to do that part himself. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with it.

diablochris6

Looks great! Nice and clean. Update us with your friend's enclosure decoration if you can.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jurfin

Quote from: diablochris6 on October 07, 2016, 08:04:46 PM
Looks great! Nice and clean. Update us with your friend's enclosure decoration if you can.

Thanks Chris! I definitely will  ;D

m-Kresol

Welcome to the board. that's very clean, I bet he'll love it
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jurfin

Quote from: m-Kresol on October 07, 2016, 09:38:45 PM
Welcome to the board. that's very clean, I bet he'll love it

Thank you kindly! I've been lurking here for a while now, so it's great to have something to contribute, humble as it may be. I just gave it to him a moment ago and he was excited to get to band practice and try it out. I just might have to build another one for myself   ;)

Leevibe

That is some beautiful work, man! Your friend is going to love it. Welcome!!

gordo

Top shelf work. Really nicely done. He'd have to be a crazy good luthier to beat the build quality of the guts.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jurfin

Quote from: gordo on October 08, 2016, 03:42:06 AM
Top shelf work. Really nicely done. He'd have to be a crazy good luthier to beat the build quality of the guts.
Quote from: Leevibe on October 08, 2016, 12:06:00 AM
That is some beautiful work, man! Your friend is going to love it. Welcome!!

Thanks so much guys! I appreciate all the kind words  :D

He is really happy with it, and said it was perfect with the band. That brought a smile to my face.

Jebus

flanagan0718

If the wiring on my 8th build looked this good I'd be happy to show it off! Great job. The Wolfshirt is an awesome fuzz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nzCdog

lincolnic

I refuse to believe that's only your eighth build. I've been doing this for six years and I wish I could make my wiring look that good!

lars

Quote from: lincolnic on October 10, 2016, 05:24:10 AM
I refuse to believe that's only your eighth build. I've been doing this for six years and I wish I could make my wiring look that good!
Yes, I second this. That is one clean, clean build. Everything looks pro. It will be cool to see the final artwork on this build.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

jurfin

Quote from: lincolnic on October 10, 2016, 05:24:10 AM

Thank you for the kind words everyone!

I double checked my count to be sure, and it is indeed number eight, although I've been tinkering around in guitars and occasionally accidentally destroying all manner of electronics for some time now. With six years of building behind you, I promise you there's way more that I could learn from you than you could from me!