Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Plexi Legacy (Boneyard)

Started by k.rock!, August 06, 2011, 02:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.rock!

Hey guys!

First, a disclaimer...

Shot with an iPhone 3GS...quality sux (video and audio)... plus I'm not good at demos...but here u go anyways! hehe

Thanks for watching! :)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jstbrowsin

:o all that tone out of a pedal and a tele  ???  nice Kaleb. . . real nice playin too dude you rawk 8).

Thanks you inspired me to make this and the AC Tone as well. . . great! now I have to by more enclosures btw what model is that enclosure please? neermind I got it its a 1590BB horizontal eh

redbean

Nice demo, cool pedal, and AWESOME LED light show!! :D 8)
es là-bas!!

chip46

Sounds awesome to me Kaleb, nice choice in amps too  ;D

bigmufffuzzwizz

Wow! That sounds incredible. Honestly your demo really makes me wanna build one. And yes the LEDs!!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nzCdog

Wow man... that really sounds good, might have to build yet another overdrive! :o
Thanks for the demo :)

jtn191

man, that thing sounds as pretty as it looks. You've got me GAS'ing to make one... an OCD/Egodriver is the closest thing I've got to doing this. Seems like this would also beat a BSIAB2 in versatility

slimtriggers

Great demo!

Did you do the R5 mod?  And if so, did you change C5 as suggested in the Boneyard mods thread?

Haberdasher

I have no business building this, but now I have GAS.  I think I'll go plug into my crunchbox to curtail this GASsy discomfort.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

gtr2

Wow.  I thought the demo was great.  It's a lot better than what you normally see on the tube.  Even with the iphone I think it's a more than acceptable demo!  I like the mix between chords and lead, it gives us a really good idea on how this thing sounds.  I had no, I mean NO, interest in building this before.  Now my tune has changed...  ;D

Maybe you can build another and we'll work a trade. haha

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mjcyates

Sounds great! I think your demo is very representative of what this pedal can do. It sounds very similar to the one I built. Cool pedal.

k.rock!

Quote from: jstbrowsin on August 06, 2011, 02:46:24 AM
:o all that tone out of a pedal and a tele  ???  nice Kaleb. . . real nice playin too dude you rawk 8).

Thanks you inspired me to make this and the AC Tone as well. . . great! now I have to by more enclosures btw what model is that enclosure please? neermind I got it its a 1590BB horizontal eh

Thanks dude! the size of the enclosure is a 1790B. I posted the documents I used for my layout on my build report. You can check'em out ;)

Quote from: redbean on August 06, 2011, 02:50:10 AM
Nice demo, cool pedal, and AWESOME LED light show!! :D 8)

lol thanks dude...I know, those LEDs were killing the video. I had originally set the pedal in another angle so the LEDs wouldn't do that, but I moved it at some point and realized it halfway through the video...haha oh well!

Quote from: chip46 on August 06, 2011, 02:56:29 AM
Sounds awesome to me Kaleb, nice choice in amps too  ;D

thanks man! I love my classic 30....although I've been recently thinking of either buying a Weber Blue Dog speaker for it, or a Celestion Green 25...still not decided yet...

Quote from: slimtriggers on August 06, 2011, 12:32:18 PM
Great demo!

Did you do the R5 mod?  And if so, did you change C5 as suggested in the Boneyard mods thread?

Yes! I used the 47ohm on R5, no cap change though. I thought it sounded great with that value in. I did add a 150pf ceramic cap across pins 1 and 8 to filter out some high frequency over the sound (it's kinda hard to explain) but that did the trick...

Quote from: gtr2 on August 06, 2011, 12:53:44 PM
Wow.  I thought the demo was great.  It's a lot better than what you normally see on the tube.  Even with the iphone I think it's a more than acceptable demo!  I like the mix between chords and lead, it gives us a really good idea on how this thing sounds.  I had no, I mean NO, interest in building this before.  Now my tune has changed...  ;D

Maybe you can build another and we'll work a trade. haha

Josh

haha thanks Josh! I might just take you up on that trade! You seem to be a delay guru around here so maybe we can figure something out ;):D

Thanks all for your great comments! I really wasn't expecting such a great feedback...iMovie does a great job at taking a crappy video and turn it into something pretty :) haha

Oh, and sorry for causing so much GAS around here...hahaha

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

chip46

Yeah, I've actually got a Warehouse Guitar Speakers Veteran 30 coming on Monday that I got used from a buddy. Should sound pretty awesome, but I think any speaker upgrade will make the amp sound better.

Haberdasher

Quote from: chip46 on August 07, 2011, 01:31:02 AM
Yeah, I've actually got a Warehouse Guitar Speakers Veteran 30 coming on Monday that I got used from a buddy. Should sound pretty awesome, but I think any speaker upgrade will make the amp sound better.
Veteran 30 is what I use in my American amp.  Nice sounding speaker, very versatile.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

chip46

Glad to hear that, I can't wait to put it in tomorrow. I'll get to run it through its paces at a gig next Saturday too.  ;D