News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Does anyone know how to do this??

Started by k.rock!, August 07, 2011, 01:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.rock!

This is a picture of the Lovepedal Englishwoman...does anyone know how to do an etching like that??! Is that hand painted after etching? I just have no idea how to do something like this...looks so good!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

joer0952

I've always had a problem with etching the boxes (never get the toner to transfer well), but you can etch it the same way you do a board.  Then you just paint it and then sand off the paint, leaving the paint only in the grooves you etched.

cjkbug

you might want to try etching the enclosure. sizing it. applying goldleaf. block sand to remove the leaf leaving it in the etch only. clearcoating. sanding and polishing. I've done something similar with goldleaf into hammertone paint with really good results.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

dwstanford

Tht reminds me of the ornamental tooling you see on some old colt revolvers.  Pretty bad ass.

jtn191

Quote from: cjkbug on August 07, 2011, 02:55:43 AM
you might want to try etching the enclosure. sizing it. applying goldleaf. block sand to remove the leaf leaving it in the etch only. clearcoating. sanding and polishing. I've done something similar with goldleaf into hammertone paint with really good results.

+1, that's how I'd think to do it

What I'd really like to see is a similar idea but with rough and polished aluminum. You'd polish the whole thing, block of the shiny parts, then take a low grit sandpaper/steel wool to it

bigmufffuzzwizz

It looks almost like the gold is outlined in black, maybe its the photo.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals