Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

cjkbug

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

jkokura

Yeah...

I think I gotta edit that one. It was waaaay funnier in my head. Reading it again makes me think awkward and weird.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

jimmybjj

Quote from: jkokura on August 26, 2011, 04:04:02 PM
Yeah...

I think I gotta edit that one. It was waaaay funnier in my head. Reading it again makes me think awkward and weird.

Jacob

:) i understood where you going with it :)
Pcbs no longer available

rullywowr

I did the same thing but on a different vein.  I purchased two of the Deluxe Memory Man with Tap Tempo while they were still available (MN3005 goodness).  I am using one and the other is NIB...I am telling myself that it is an investment.  A very rare, now out of production, pedal NIB...10 years down the road it could be worth some serious coin!

Oh, the DMMwTT is absolutely the bomb - delay is my favorite effect and this one just nails it. 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: rullywowr on August 28, 2011, 11:56:27 PM
I did the same thing but on a different vein.  I purchased two of the Deluxe Memory Man with Tap Tempo while they were still available (MN3005 goodness).  I am using one and the other is NIB...I am telling myself that it is an investment.  A very rare, now out of production, pedal NIB...10 years down the road it could be worth some serious coin!

Oh, the DMMwTT is absolutely the bomb - delay is my favorite effect and this one just nails it. 

I purchased the Memory Boy w/ Tap Tempo which I love but I'm wishin I got the one you got.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

rullywowr

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on August 29, 2011, 12:52:27 PM

I purchased the Memory Boy w/ Tap Tempo which I love but I'm wishin I got the one you got.

Yeah.  I don't mean to be a d-bag but I have both the Deluxe Memory Boy with TT and the DMMwTT and the "man" just slays the boy all day.  The sound of the Man is just much more transparent than the boy.  When you kick the boy on it really warms up the fundamental tone in a strange way.  The modulation is also pretty much useless on the DMBwTT as well.  I have an original deluxe memory man (with hard wired cord) and the DMMwTT comes very close to the sound plus the added benefit of having true bypass.  I can keep the original DMM in its safe wooden box for special recording occasions or similar.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

bigmufffuzzwizz

How could you make me want something so bad when it's not even available for purchase anymore?

k.rock!

Strymon just updated my order to "Awaiting shipment"! Ah! So excited...:D

did u get yours yet Brian?

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

madbean

Yes, about two days ago. I spent about 30 mins with it so far. Some really great sounds in there. It's probably way overkill for me, though. The only thing I do not like so far is that tap tempo resets when you change to a different sound bank. That's pretty frustrating. Other than that it is a lot of cool.

k.rock!

Nice! Yeah, I've read people asking for global tap tempo and also preset naming. Strymon has already released an update to address some of other observations that users were posting online, so I would think that this is something they would update in a near future :) It's one of the things I love about it, it's upgradable! So yeah, can't wait till next week :P

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jkokura

K so.....

I was playing tonight, and I got some super awesome sounds out of my El Cap. It was a really wonderful experience actually. I was using it in conjunction with a Hardwire DL-8, and I was switching back and forth with the DL-8 set to analog delay.

My thoughts ran to the Timeline. All the demos I've seen seem to be super spectacular. But because I've got the El Capistan I thought perhaps I could do without. However, now I'm thinking about either trying to get a Brigadier or the Timeline. I also want a Blue Sky but that's another post really...

So is the dTape and dBucket settings good enough to pull off the cool el Capistan sounds I was getting tonight, and then pull off the cool sounds I'd get out a brigadier? Because it would be really great to have all those banks of presets, and to have it all in one box rather than in two, with one tap tempo switch instead of two...

Or should I just build the upcoming Dirtbag, forget about the freaking Brigadier and keep the El Cap.

Shoot. I don't want three Strymon pedals on one board do I?

Okay. So if any of you guys wants to trade their timeline for an El Cap and something else I have, let me know. I might go for it.

Or maybe I'll just look for a Brig and Blue Sky...

Le Sigh.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

gtr2

haha, I traded my blue sky for an el cap a month ago  ;D

I was actually thinking the same thing you were before I traded for the el cap.  I've used the original DC timeline before and my friend has a new timeline.  I thought about buying it when it was released in the first batch, but I couldn't justify the cost.  It's an awesome pedal but I've found that any pedal that I buy (or have) that has presets I rarely use more than two banks.  That's just me, I'm just to old school I guess and I tweak for the day at hand.  Even though I play in a worship setting where songs change each week but repeat frequently I usually just tweak for the week.  I've been using the el cap and my aquaboy and find it covers enough ground.  If I could pick up a brigader for around 200 I would though  ;)  Probably doesn't help but the el cap did cure my GAS for the timeline after I got it.  The dirtbag will replace the aquaboy after I get it reboxed.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

The timeline is one where I can see using several of the banks. It's definitely not a one trick pony. I owned a DD20 briefly a few years ago and ended up returning because there were really only a couple of sounds I liked.

With the TL, the tape and analog are pretty similar, but I haven't spent enough time with it yet exploring it. I haven't even gotten into the hidden parameters, like smear and whatever. So far, my favorite bank is actually "ICE" which throws in some octaves and intervals into the repeats. I really love that sound...mostly because it something new to me!

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: gtr2 on September 05, 2011, 04:00:31 AM
The dirtbag will replace the aquaboy after I get it reboxed.

If you ever wanna sell that beautiful aquaboy with the gorgeous sea goddess I'm interested!!