News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Pixar/Dreamworks Series (multiple)

Started by eldanko, August 10, 2011, 07:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

Howdy friends -

This little series sort of represents my DIY journey so far.  Hope you enjoy!  First up...

Boost-E
Boost-E was born as a BYOC Confidence Boost, but is now home to a Slambox.  The enclosure came from Road Rage before they stopped selling them...

Scrat Drive
The Scrat Drive was my first MadBean pedal - a Grapevine.  Killer drive box, still one of my favorite "amp in a box" style pedals.

Minion Drive
This one is an Ego Driver.  I needed something to replace my OCD, and this did it perfectly.  Several of my friends have commented on the questionable placement of the stomp switch.  That minion just looks a little too happy...

Unicorn Squeeze
Ok, so I really liked "Despicable Me".  This one's a Cupcake.  IT'S SO FLUFFY!

The Kloooooooooon
This one sort of represents the culmination of the series.  While I know that naming clones after the original designs can be taboo at times, I just couldn't help myself with the titling on this one.  I didn't really "get" the Klon until I hooked this thing up last night.  I had tried one in a music store before and it didn't to much for me, but I guess there's a lot to be said for hearing something through your own amps and gear.  Nevertheless, this thing is killer.

Would love to hear your feedback!
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

mjcyates

Those all look great. Visually I like the Scrat Drive the best.

night-B

As I love the toy story aliens, I prefer the klon! It's so cute and well executed!  ;)

eldanko

"Cute" is really what I shoot for with my pedal designs  ;D

Thanks for the comments guys.  These were fun to make!

cab_eleven

I love the feel of the scrat design as well, but he is my favorite pixar character. He stole ice age imo. All are nice and clean, good looking jobs.

nzCdog

I'd love all those pedals on my board... they look really cool man :)

dwstanford

Quote from: cab_eleven on August 10, 2011, 09:59:32 AM
I love the feel of the scrat design as well, but he is my favorite pixar character. He stole ice age imo.

Yeah, i'll be the nerd who points out that scrat isnt a pixar character.  But so what.  He is really funny.

Great looking pedals.  Very well done.  I dig movie themed pedals of any kind. 

eldanko

I knew someone would :)

Technically, neither are any of the Despicable Me characters.  Perhaps I should rename the Series...

irmcdermott

I love the Klon! That's awesome, it's so close to "the claw" and I can picture the the alien going "The Klon! <and then in unison with all the others> Ooooooooooooooo", like so many guitar players :) Great job!

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

This is a new spin on pedal designs! But I'm into it!!
How do you like them? Bet your pedal board is looking pretty sweet!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

eldanko

It's certainly looking colorful  ;)

I really do dig them.  Right now, I am using the Klon/Sunking and the Minion/OCD more than the others.  They're just killer drives.  The only non-DIY drive boxes I have left at this point are a Morgan Fuzz and a Barber Cool (which is a swiss army knife overdrive if there ever was one).

Oh, and I'm glad you guys picked up on the Klooonnn/Claaaaw connection - definitely what I was going for with that one!

druz15

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

k.rock!

Dude, these are sick...I love them all! My favorites are the Scrat and the Klon! "Wooooooooow" haha Great job on these dude!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com