News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

FSB Boutique Section is Back up!

Started by irmcdermott, August 11, 2011, 02:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnee

So how old are you BJJ'ers. I just turned 42.

snz728

42 also and my teachers said that all their teachers started with kung fu at young ages and then transitioned to bagua, tai chi etc after they reached the late twenties because your bones and ligaments and stuff harden up.  That's why he couldn't do those one finger pushups and stuff anymore.  But I've hurt myself practicing the martial applications of tai chi too so...

bigmufffuzzwizz

Did not expect this thread to turn in this direction! I studied Tai Chi for a period of time when I was younger. Great stuff and I was thrilled that it wasn't oriented around fighting as much as personal health benefits. It helped me much with breathing and walking much softer. The fighting (almost always defensive) was an added benefit but not really my thing. I know in Tai Chi there is no masters, its an always growing experience, but if there was one to me it would be this guy.

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

shawnee

Thanks for the replies guys. It's interesting to see what else we have in common.

rocklander

anyone else running into issues lately on fsb?
haven't been able to load it for a couple of days and the DNS is resolving hostgator as the SOA still :-\

ibodog

Quote from: rocklander on August 17, 2011, 11:05:52 PM
haven't been able to load it for a couple of days and the DNS is resolving hostgator as the SOA still :-\
Check in with culturejam - he's looking for your email address.  They're having problems with the new host company.

rocklander

Quote from: ibodog on August 17, 2011, 11:42:58 PM
Quote from: rocklander on August 17, 2011, 11:05:52 PM
Check in with culturejam - he's looking for your email address.  They're having problems with the new host company.

thanks man... have been in touch with CJ.. just waiting to get approval for login now :-)

timbo_93631

Everything was fine for me today and then all of a sudden it won't load.  Really lame!  This LK guy sure made a mess of things...
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

T_MBaker

I haven't been able to get there for a couple of days now. Driving me crazy.

LaceSensor

Haberdasher

Quote from: timbo_93631 on August 17, 2011, 11:46:04 PM
Everything was fine for me today and then all of a sudden it won't load.  Really lame!  This LK guy sure made a mess of things...
Yeah now I can't get there either.  I don't know the back-story on that.  Who is the LK guy?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jimmybjj

Quote from: Haberdasher on August 18, 2011, 02:09:35 AM
Quote from: timbo_93631 on August 17, 2011, 11:46:04 PM
Everything was fine for me today and then all of a sudden it won't load.  Really lame!  This LK guy sure made a mess of things...
Yeah now I can't get there either.  I don't know the back-story on that.  Who is the LK guy?

Server trouble again. Lance is the guy that started this go around of trouble for FSB. You can still read the pages concerning lance if you motivated enough to seach though googles cache files

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:GcqUJN0FzvsJ:www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D13831%26p%3D157240+cache:i9fwSSyZgLcJ:freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D5%26t%3D13831%26start%3D20+site:freestompboxes.org+lance+freestompboxes&cd=18&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com
Pcbs no longer available

jtn191

yup I was waiting for someone else to comment on this...
this Lance Keltner guy http://anonym.to/?http://www.retro-channel.com/About-Us.html
I think he and Bill Finnegan got the DMCA involved in their schematics for the Retro Channel Fuzz and Klon respectively. What's funny is that after everything was handled, it drew even more smart chaps to the circuit in question only to be revealed as a simple, overpriced, already-done-a-million-times product  :D

Haberdasher

Alright thanks, I was out of the loop.  I think I get the gist of things now.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS