News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Oops, sorry Russia

Started by madbean, January 06, 2017, 06:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

A couple of months ago I put a ban on new registrations from .ru email addresses. This was due to a high amount of spam coming from .ru. Seems I accidentally banned all .ru accounts though and did not realize it. I was not trying to start a new cold war here...just a dumb mistake. I've removed all bans for now so everyone should be able to log in.

There was a period this summer where we were getting hundreds of fake registrations every day but I changed the registration criteria so hopefully there will not be any further problems.

pickdropper

I wonder if that caused problems for other people.

"We can't get into Madbean's?  Bummer.  In that case, let's hack the DNC.  We've got nothing better to do."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

warriorpoet

Quote from: pickdropper on January 06, 2017, 11:16:14 AM
I wonder if that caused problems for other people.

"We can't get into Madbean's?  Bummer.  In that case, let's back the DNC.  We've got nothing better to do."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mzo.FX, Owner

diablochris6

I hope it doesn't influence the voting for the build contest.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

culturejam

Come on, Brian. Stop Putin us on.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Jouve

Hello from Moscow!
Hehe. I thought it was some kind of forum engine bug. Used my TOR browser to read the forum  :D
Quote from: madbean on January 06, 2017, 06:01:07 AM
A couple of months ago I put a ban on new registrations from .ru email addresses. This was due to a high amount of spam coming from .ru. Seems I accidentally banned all .ru accounts though and did not realize it. I was not trying to start a new cold war here...just a dumb mistake. I've removed all bans for now so everyone should be able to log in.

There was a period this summer where we were getting hundreds of fake registrations every day but I changed the registration criteria so hopefully there will not be any further problems.
Thank you, Brian for your awesome projects and promt international shipping.
And all of you guys for your knowledge sharing. I like reading this forum, especially build reports. That's very inspiring.

pickdropper

Quote from: Jouve on January 07, 2017, 02:10:00 AM
Hello from Moscow!
Hehe. I thought it was some kind of forum engine bug. Used my TOR browser to read the forum  :D
Quote from: madbean on January 06, 2017, 06:01:07 AM

Thank you, Brian for your awesome projects and promt international shipping.
And all of you guys for your knowledge sharing. I like reading this forum, especially build reports. That's very inspiring.

Welcome back, Jouve!

All election jokes aside, it's good to have our friends from Russia back on the forum.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

alanp

Yep. Russia make awesome transistors and diodes! :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GeorgeM2

Hi
i make new account and return back. Have a nise day all!
(Kirov, Russia)

juansolo

Quote from: alanp on January 07, 2017, 12:34:59 PM
Yep. Russia make awesome transistors and diodes! :)

I still source most of my Nixies from Russia.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk