News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Drive Dirty

Started by selfdestroyer, December 08, 2016, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

Haven't built anything, let alone posted a build report in ages.. Hope to change that soon and dedicate more time to building. This is a SS/BS Mini work a like on a layout made by effectslayouts. I have wanted one of these for awhile but never pulled the trigger so when David put up a layout for it I jumped on it. It can go from sounds of a nice tube like OD to a failing tube OD to straight up fuzz. The Bias knob can help get it to tight sounding to a velcro/spuddering sound.

Layout: http://effectslayouts.blogspot.com/2016/07/smallsoundbigsound-mini.html

I did a reverse etch from some stock art and added some noise to the etch mast to give it a bit of a grungy look to match the sound of the pedal. lol

I'm not a 100% happy with the knobs and might change them out in the future but for now this is on my board and rocking.

and guts: This angle makes the LED look funny.. Its not "that" bent. haha

Cody

Timko

KILLER ETCH.  Seriously.  I love patterns, and I find that doing a reverse etch really makes them pop.

flanagan0718

Cody, again you set the bar for perfection! This looks KILLER! Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leevibe

Still king of the reverse etch. Beautiful job on the interior too. I think the knobs work great on there by the way.

gordo

Man I wish I could etch. That looks just killer.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

diablochris6

I'll echo everyone's comments on that etch. That green is a great hue.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Boba7

I think the knobs are perfect for this build! Beautiful work!

bcalla

Bret608

This one is a beauty! Still thinking about hitting Keefe up for an etch of this layout. Could I ask where you sourced those trimmers? Am I right that they're the multi-turn type?

storyboardist

+1 to everything everyone else has said. Love that one.
Guy behind Effects Layouts

selfdestroyer

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, It feels good to get to building again.

Quote from: Bret608 on December 09, 2016, 02:13:44 PM
This one is a beauty! Still thinking about hitting Keefe up for an etch of this layout. Could I ask where you sourced those trimmers? Am I right that they're the multi-turn type?

You should, its a great sounding build for sure and Storyboardist did a great job on the layout. I think I got the trimmers from Tayda:
http://www.taydaelectronics.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=3296W

but sometimes I get the 3296W trimmers from Mouser also.

Thanks a lot guys for the encouragement. I have a few others I finished up and need to post this weekend. I also need to figure out a build for the 2016 contest.

Happy building!

Cody

jubal81

Genius, inside and out.

You really have a good eye for design - graphics again clean, classy and fun.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Addy Bart

I built a Mini using the vero layout at Tagboards but it looks a hideous mess in comparison to this. Great work, Cody!

raulduke

Awesome build and awesome carpet as per usual dude!

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on December 10, 2016, 06:58:37 PM

You really have a good eye for design - graphics again clean, classy and fun.

Very much so. 
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper