News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tapanatorator and T.Tremolo - Distortion

Started by chuckd666, December 22, 2016, 05:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckd666

Hey all,

I've completed the Tapanatorator and associated T.Tremolo and it's working fine, except the range of the T1 pot that controls the brightness of the LED is a little finicky - on the build document, it states that for working with the Tremolo circuit, that it should generally be set to maximum. On my build, it seems that if I put it up more than 1/4 of the way, I get a warm distortion to the tremolo. Nice, but I'd prefer clean!

I assume I'm overdriving the LED a little and pushing the 9203 LDR too hard? Perhaps I should just increase R2 on the Tapanatorator board?

Charles

midwayfair

In reality it depends on the "on" (light) resistance of your LDR. The 9203 shouldn't drop much below 5-10K when fully light so the build doc assumes that even if you drop it to its lowest resistance, adding 470R should get you right near 1-2x. You may just have one that has an unusually low on resistance, though you should double check the resistors on the dry path side to make sure that none of them are wrong.

chuckd666

Thanks Jon - Yeah I didn't bother checking the LDR in my haste so hopefully I've just done something dumb and put in a 3.3k instead of 330R. Cheers :)

chuckd666

Not that putting a 3.3k would make my issue better :'( duh.

jonyoungyi

Hey chuckd666,

Did you get this fixed?

My tapanator tremolo is doing the same distortion/overdrive when set to unity or higher volume.