News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Duplex Drive + Afterlife and a Forum Vibe Wah

Started by Philthy, December 22, 2016, 11:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philthy

Hi Guys,
New here. I've returned to pedal building after a bit of a hiatus.
Jumped straight in and decided to put a Duplex Drive and an Afterlife into one enclosure  :o (a BUD234 from memory)
Just finished it, so it hasn't had much use. First impression is that it is a great pedal. Did the Kit Rae R mods and the 100pF mod recently discussed here. I have some questions though:
1. The SS2 side volume does not reach unity  about 1 o'clock. Is that normal?
2. The Afterlife controls are very interactive. Volume knob doesn't really do much past say 12 o'clock. The sustain (?)  knob really over drives the amp past 3 o'clock. Does this sound normal.

Next is a Forum Vibe + Road Rage in a wah enclosure. Hopefully this will remain the last pedal I ever need an angle grinder for ;)

bcalla

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

jimilee

Those are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

Those are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

devilsnight

Quote from: Philthy on December 22, 2016, 11:30:00 PM
Hopefully this will remain the last pedal I ever need an angle grinder for ;)
I fabricate all kinds of parts and tooling at work. Sounds like fun! Nice work

midwayfair

Great work!

Even after such a long hiatus it's still a grind?

nyuk nyuk nyuk

drolo

2. The Afterlife controls are very interactive. Volume knob doesn't really do much past say 12 o'clock. The sustain (?)  knob really over drives the amp past 3 o'clock. Does this sound normal.

Check the wiring of the pots, the first time I had assembled the Afterlife I had also left out the daughter board and the connections are not what they seem to be. One of  the sustain connections ends up being connected to the DC.
Check here:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=21785.msg214703#msg214703

bscur

That really looks sharp. Very sleek. That is such a great look and use of space.

Philthy

Quote from: drolo on December 23, 2016, 03:12:04 PM

Check the wiring of the pots, the first time I had assembled the Afterlife I had also left out the daughter board and the connections are not what they seem to be. One of  the sustain connections ends up being connected to the DC.
Check here:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=21785.msg214703#msg214703
Thanks, pretty sure I did it the same as that
Will recheck everything

Manc

Impressive!!!
Specially the planning in getting all the vibe components away from connectors et al...
Does the Road Rage provide enough/correct juice to the circuit? I assume you used an LT1054?

warriorpoet

Very nice work. Congrats!

The SS2 side of the Duplex gets around unity at 1:00 on mine too, which matches the Youtube video of the "real deal". :)
Mzo.FX, Owner

bluescage