News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Mastery Parts Got Here

Started by selfdestroyer, December 24, 2016, 10:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

I waiting 4 weeks for these and finally got some time to get them installed. I am super excited to get my JP Jazzmaster dialed in and back to shredding. Over the last 3 years this has been my primary player and I have had nothing but issues with the setup. Timbo even did an amazing setup on it but it soon fell out of place.. It all comes down to using the vibrato and everything goes to hell. I am no Kevin Shields or Thurston Moore but I love to use my vibrato from time to time. The more people I talked to on OffsetForums and Reddit, they all seem to steer me towards the Mastery setup.. so here I am. All I need to do is put some flatwound 12s and I will be happy again.

Before:

After:

Cody

pierre67

super nice guitar !!!
...never played one but I'm really thinking of getting a TVL Jazzmaster  8)

timbo_93631

Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Betty Wont

The mastery system is awesome. You won't regret it. A hometown favorite of mine. Going strong for years on my thurston signature JM.

alanp

I admit, I was expecting to see a TTSH or Crowminius pcb, and a huge box from Mouser with the parts.

Is it true that the strings tend to just fall off the bridge, with those guitars?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

matmosphere

The whole bridge system is wierd. A lot of the problems are minimized by using heavier strings. I read somewhere that Leo designed them with 11's or heavier in mind, so 9's and 10's don't play well with the design.

The Mastery bridge is a fantastic design. I'm surprised they haven't adapted it to replace Gibson style tune-o-matics.

stringsthings

Nice guitar.  Were the Mastery parts expensive?
All You Need Is Love