News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Year's Sale coming

Started by madbean, December 30, 2016, 06:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam_DIY

I just bought 3 of the new 3005s and a mn3007 from chromespheres site for the pcbs I bought this morning.  I've never owned an analgue delay before I'm looking forward to it.

Boba7

Done!! Delay time: another Dirtbaby and an Aquaboy with modulation board and road rage... I can't wait! :)

Thanks a lot!!

Isaiah

Two Aquaboys, an Aquaboy Mod, and two Road Rage Bypass PCBs ordered.
Thanks Brian!

A word of warning for international buyers, if your order crosses the 39.99USD threshold before the discount it applied, you automatically have to pay the 13USD shipping option.

A little off topic, sorry: Am I likely to encounter any ticking or heterodyning from the BBD clocks with both Aquaboys in the same enclosure, or one of them in the same enclosure as a Pork Barrel or other BBD circuit?

madbean

Quote from: Isaiah on January 03, 2017, 11:03:01 AM
A word of warning for international buyers, if your order crosses the 39.99USD threshold before the discount it applied, you automatically have to pay the 13USD shipping option.

A little off topic, sorry: Am I likely to encounter any ticking or heterodyning from the BBD clocks with both Aquaboys in the same enclosure, or one of them in the same enclosure as a Pork Barrel or other BBD circuit?

Unfortunately, there's no way around the way Paypal calculates that shipping when a discount is used (that I know of). But, you can always break them into two orders. You will pay two shipping charges but if you do it in the right amounts, the total shipping will come out less that the regular $13 1st Class rate.

As far as combining effects like that, there is a risk but that doesn't mean it's sure to happen. Easy to test: run both builds off a single power supply when you test them before putting them in one box.

Isaiah

Quote from: madbean on January 03, 2017, 04:31:51 PM
Quote from: Isaiah on January 03, 2017, 11:03:01 AM

Unfortunately, there's no way around the way Paypal calculates that shipping when a discount is used (that I know of). But, you can always break them into two orders. You will pay two shipping charges but if you do it in the right amounts, the total shipping will come out less that the regular $13 1st Class rate.

As far as combining effects like that, there is a risk but that doesn't mean it's sure to happen. Easy to test: run both builds off a single power supply when you test them before putting them in one box.

No worries about the shipping, just thought I should mention it.
I was tempted to place two smaller orders as you suggested, but decided to order just the essentials for now or I'd buy too many PCBs and not have any money left for components haha!

Thanks Brian, I'll give that a go.
I might opt to use an 18V PSU and use a separate 15V regulator (Road Rage bypass PCB) for each Aquaboy.
That should hopefully stop any clock noise reaching the power rails...

Adam_DIY

Wow got home from work today and my pcbs were waiting for me.  Postage date is 5th Jan 6 days from the US to England which is ridiculously quick and I didn't even get hit for tax.  I really need to get my current build list sorted so I can stuck into these.

Thanks Brian

darrenw6000

yep same here, quick to UK. hopefully get my aquaboy done in the next week or so

madbean

Just a quick note to say thanks to everyone for the outstanding sale. All the extra $$ allowed me to place an intermediate re-stock order this month (there are several boards close to going out of stock). This means in February I can get more new projects released. So, everyone wins!

cajone5

Trying to slog my way through the PCB drawer to clean it out and hopefully re-up for things in February!  Looking forward to the restock and new releases!

bsoncini

Same here. Quick shipping to France. About a week. Sometimes things shipped from France take longer than that for me.