News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A few Demos

Started by k.rock!, August 14, 2011, 08:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnee

Really great demos! I have a friend here in town who does some great home recording and is a great player. I will have to get something boxed up to let him try. It never occured to me before so thank you!

I'm glad to hear talk about the Ego Driver. I have been through about 50 overdrives and the only one that I kept that I didn't build is a Fulltone OCD version 1. I think it's a great natural overdrive. I tried it at 9-12-18 volts and actually prefer it at 12v. It seems to me that the higher the voltage, the more headroom and clarity you get but on certain circuits, I actually prefer a little "mushiness" depending on the amount of gain I use on the pedal. 12V was just right for me.

k.rock!

Thanks man! Yeah, my friend asked me to build him a couple pedals so he gladly offered to do those demos for me. So yeah dude! Go for it!

I want to buy good recording gear to do better demos myself. This will be especially great to have when I put out some original designs. If your serious about putting out a good product you got to go with quality! :)

See if your friend will record a few clips and you can share them with us :P

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

shawnee

I will see what I can do Kaleb. I don't have any of my builds boxed yet so it will be a while. I met this guy in jiu-jitsu class years ago and we had the whole guitar thing in common so we kinda hit it off. He's only in his mid 20's but we jammed one day and he was playing a bunch of 80's metal! Anyway, he's a computer wiz so he was showing me what he uses to record and it's only about $500 worth of stuff. I think his tracks are really clean. Here's his soundclick page. Mostly just trying get get good tone out of gear more than serious recording of songs but he's a great player and knows tone.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=565745&content=music