turnabout clipping diodes glowing on and off with out anything wired

Started by Obie bong kanobie, January 03, 2017, 10:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obie bong kanobie

opamp voltages are all at half voltage, as expected  but as I touch the PCB it starts to glow on and off, I've built tons that work but I have two of them now doing this(all turnabouts)      the only mod I've done was resistor 8 on a switch (470 ohm and 1.8k)  wanted to see if it would have the same effect as the OCD hp lp switch as its basically the same idea, figured it was worth a try lol

Ralfg

I've seen this with some really high gain circuits.  I think jiggling things and touching things might send some signal through it and you see the LEDs light up.  I built one once where the LED were glowing super bight until I hooked everything up (ground was the key) and then it worked great.  Are you having problems with the circuit or just expressing concern?
Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

Obie bong kanobie

ok ive wired it all up in the enclosure and its the same thing, it only happens once i place in the opamp but both leds light up on and off as i touch it or move the board/wiring

devilsnight

This happens with no power to the board at all??? Do you have a pace maker? Or maybe a flux capacitor in your back pocket?