News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Abductor Delay

Started by cresconio, January 07, 2017, 09:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cresconio

Hi all,

2017 started and I just had a week off from work, so I decided to spend most of my time getting hooked up on solder.
Recently I bought an Abductor Delay II PCB from Deadastronaut (the one with the numbering missing, had a great time checking, doublechecking and triplechecking my components, 'twas a fun challenge :)).

Just finished the final layer of paint on the enclosure and it's starting to dry up pretty nicely. Will have a go with a water slide decal later on as soon as my gf has time to help me with the design.

Here are some pictures of the build so far. The knobs are just there to check whether they fitted properly, received my first batch of knobs yesterday so I can finally finish some other projects as well.

flanagan0718

That's a pretty flawless white! It's so hard to get white that pristine looking! I'm interested to know how this turns out for you. A lot of people have had issues with these (not sure if the II means it was resolved on this board). Have you seen the threads on the other diy sites? I haven't had too much time to look into it but it looks like an awesome project. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimilee

That's cool man. I've got the etched first version I've been working on.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

bluescage

cresconio

Thanks, 2nd time for me to paint an enclosure. First one turned out to be very messy as I didn't use a primer or clear coat afterwards. It's a pita to keep it dust free though. There are some, though very small, irregularities on the surface but hopefully that will be covered by the decal.

There was a small problem with the pcb indeed but other forums addressed to it and there's even a fix on deadastronaut's site. 2nd issue I had was a faulty pt2399 chip. Other than that, it's a great pedal.

Right now I've finished clear coating the decal. Hope it will be dry in about an hour or so so I can finally get it on the pedal. Can't wait to have it finished.

Quote from: flanagan0718 on January 08, 2017, 12:44:49 AM
That's a pretty flawless white! It's so hard to get white that pristine looking! I'm interested to know how this turns out for you. A lot of people have had issues with these (not sure if the II means it was resolved on this board). Have you seen the threads on the other diy sites? I haven't had too much time to look into it but it looks like an awesome project. Keep up the good work.

cresconio

After hours of battling my printer setting I finally managed to get the decal on the enclosure. Now waiting for it to dry so I can apply the last layers of clear coating. I had some minor discolouring issues around the edges, but not enough to start over. This is the result:

jimilee

Nice

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cresconio

Finished it today. Added a master bypass switch to eliminate trails when necessary.

And of course a demo

Boba7

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I'll listen to the demo when I get back home.
How do you like it? Im really interested in building one someday! :)
Great work.

flanagan0718

Start to finish this looks great. I like the watercolor look of the decal too. Great job.

flanagan0718

Start to finish this looks great. I like the watercolor look of the decal too. Great job.

jimilee

cresconio

Quote from: Boba7 on January 14, 2017, 10:22:58 PM
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I'll listen to the demo when I get back home.
How do you like it? Im really interested in building one someday! :)
Great work.

It sounds lovely, it's getting a spot on my pedalboard. Lots of ambience, especially with a bit of modulation.

bluescage

Wow! Looking and sounding great!