News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DEL-8 Looper

Started by daleykd, January 07, 2017, 11:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

Building a looper was one of my 2 pedal resolutions for 2017 :).

nzCdog

sturgeo

Quote from: daleykd on January 09, 2017, 01:21:49 PM
I will probably have to switch to LCD.  That's fine with me, but I don't know which to use.  It will take longer, since I'll have to redesign the enclosure and PCBs.

The noise is when any pixel is lit.  Just a static text, you get noise.  I don't think it's the I2C lines.

I looked at either the 16x2 or 20x2 but gave up trying to find a neat mounting solution.

With the Opto mute are you driving it straight from the IC or through a 1k resistor still, also are you muting with a delay before & after the relay switches?

daleykd

Quote from: sturgeo on January 10, 2017, 12:12:32 PM
I looked at either the 16x2 or 20x2 but gave up trying to find a neat mounting solution.
I'm having to figure that out as we speak.  I have an idea, but don't want to share yet.  :)

Quote from: sturgeo on January 10, 2017, 12:12:32 PM
With the Opto mute are you driving it straight from the IC or through a 1k resistor still, also are you muting with a delay before & after the relay switches?

I also have a 100k resistor in series with the audio straight off the input jack tip.

When I get the soft muting to work, I'll do it before/after the relay switch.  Right now, if I just use a button to toggle it (testing), I get the pop.

daleykd

Quote from: Timko on January 09, 2017, 10:06:57 PM
Building a looper was one of my 2 pedal resolutions for 2017 :).
Good!  Hold tight and I'll hopefully get this remedied ASAP.

sturgeo

The noise is when any pixel is lit.  Just a static text, you get noise.  I don't think it's the I2C lines.

Just had a closer look, you've got the AGND & GND connected in the pic, does it still have noise with them disconnected?

daleykd

Quote from: sturgeo on January 12, 2017, 08:31:39 AM

Just had a closer look, you've got the AGND & GND connected in the pic, does it still have noise with them disconnected?
Yup.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sturgeo

OK, what about the buffer circuitry? I guess that is sharing the normal GND? can you bypass that to rule it out?

Edit: come to think of it, in my thread here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=21665 I was trying to accomplish what you have, in the end I gave up including the buffer as it was causing issues, I never did get to the route of the problem.

daleykd

Quote from: sturgeo on January 12, 2017, 03:10:45 PM
OK, what about the buffer circuitry? I guess that is sharing the normal GND? can you bypass that to rule it out?
I popped out the opamp and set the switch to bypass.  No change.  ;)

At this point, I'm going to redesign a few things to get rid of the OLED. A friend of a friend said that OLEDs are "just noisy."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

raffau

Hey Delyk,

What's the progress of this Looper?

Cheers raffa