News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hedley & Wyche OD&Boost, Phantom Pain audio router

Started by diablochris6, January 09, 2017, 04:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

Up first is the Hedley & Wyche Overdrive. I originally came up with this distortion after looking at several Vox amp schematics, but it turned into its own little beast. It has gain, volume, and treble cutoff controls as well as a tone switch that I call the 15/30 since it can make the circuit sound a little boxier like a smaller amp. There is also an independent pre-gain boost that can be used on its own or drive the OD into high-gain, fuzz madness. It's hard to see in these pics, but the paint is navy with gold lettering.

A little video demo (pardon the out of tune guitar- old strings don't hold tune very well):

Next up is the Phantom Pain audio router that I finally boxed up. You can find more info on what this is elsewhere on the forum, but it basically allows you to take any three effects and mix them in series, parallel, or both with a turn of the pot.

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

alanp

I don't get it, the overdrive has the DiabloChris man on the PCB, but there are only four pots and a toggle? Chris, has someone pirated your logo? ;) :)

All very neatly done!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Martan

Both look awesome, Chris!

Quote from: alanp on January 09, 2017, 04:54:27 AM
I don't get it, the overdrive has the DiabloChris man on the PCB, but there are only four pots and a toggle? Chris, has someone pirated your logo? ;) :)

I thought this, too:) I think the neuron in the graphics tells us he's finally taken the next step in pedal evolution.....Mind Knobs! :o

zombie_rock123

Love the LED pad placement on the footswitch PCB!

Glad to see the Biology book is back :D
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

jimilee

The phantom pain, that is a lot of jacks. Must order more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

diablochris6

Quote from: alanp on January 09, 2017, 04:54:27 AM

Some pedal-building friends had an intervention for me to help me with my knob addiction, so I decided to scale back from my initial 47-knob design.  ::)

Quote from: Martan on January 09, 2017, 11:25:12 AM
he's finally taken the next step in pedal evolution.....Mind Knobs! :o
Haha.

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on January 09, 2017, 12:09:08 PM
Love the LED pad placement on the footswitch PCB!

Glad to see the Biology book is back :D

I usually try and place my picture somewhere to tickle my whimsy. Glad to see it amuse somebody else too.

I guess my modus operandi consists of 1) a whole bunch of knobs, 2) the devil-man logo, and 3) a cellular biology textbook.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here