News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

De Luxe Big Muff

Started by artstomp, January 11, 2017, 03:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artstomp

..is there a De Luxe Big Muff project floating around somewhere ?

selfdestroyer

If your talking about the vintage Deluxe Big Muff, its just a IC based BMP and a soul preacher compressor. You might be able to make a 2 in one that would come close to it. I have yet to see a PCB for the "Deluxe" in full.

Cody

artstomp

Thanks Cody..yes the schematic says its a soul preacher and an op amp big muff...i just hope there's an exact project for the vintage deluxe..tnx again Cody

stringsthings

I've searched for a BMP Deluxe project for a while now, and I've not found one.
There are several places that make an op-amp BMP PCB ( see Pig Butt right here from madbean ),
but the soul preacher is harder to find.  There is an etchable board over on diysb.

I had an original BMP Deluxe back in the day.  Really loved it as it was the first pedal of any kind that I owned.
The compressor had an over-the-top squish which I did like, even though it was super noisy.
I haven't found a compressor since that mimics that sound.  One of these days, I'll get around to etching a board
and trying that out.  I have built several op amp BMP's and liked them all.
All You Need Is Love

Scruffie

I could have sworn I read someone was going to release a project for it a while back... maybe they'll chime in.
Works at Lectric-FX

jimilee

I love my soul preacher, best compressor I've used so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

somnif

Off topic but... the soul preacher is an interesting looking circuit isnt it. Lacks the hallmarks of the standard battery of compressors that get cloned all the time (no discrete OTA, no optics, etc). Nifty.

If you want to homebrew one there are Vero layouts of the Soul Preacher floating around that you could cobble to an ICBM. Wiring would be a bit of a chore, but I can't imagine it would be impossible.

aion

I've got a project in the works for the EH-3053 version (the better of the two revisions). It likely won't be until later this year that it's ready, but it's on my shortlist.

jimilee

I'd love to build a soul preacher. It's the only pedal on my board I didn't build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.