News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel......Finally

Started by CODymmoT, January 14, 2017, 03:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CODymmoT

Ok so a short back story on this build. I grew to love the sound of the pedal this is based off. Last year I went looking for a CE-2 only to find they have a ridiculous price tag against them these days. (I now wish I'd picked one up 15-20 years ago when they litters the second hand sections of music stores)
Any way, in my googling I stumbled across the madbean site along with a number of others.

I've wired plenty of guitars and countless cables so I figured I'd try to build a clone of a CE-2 rather than forking out 100s. In a way you could say that this build was indirectly the catalyst for a new hobby. I attempted a couple of other simpler builds before tackling this one and when I got round to ordering a board the terrible twos decided to come to our household and present its own set of life challenges.

I started this is November 2016 and after some troubles with myself putting the wrong transistors on the board and an Unshielded dc input, finally buttoned it up tonight! It sounds great and am really happy with the final result.

The etched enclosure was a bit of fun after rewatching Sin City

Love to hear your thoughts

Cheers Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluescage

CODymmoT

Thank you :)

AndersonCouncil

Looks great man. So I see you socketed C21. What do you have in there now and what other values did you try?

jonnygreentrees

that looks awesome! can you tell me about the shielded DC input? I've just finished mine and get a subtle ticking when it's boxed up but not outside the box. I think it's to do with the offboard wiring being too close to each other

bluescage

bcalla

CODymmoT

Quote from: AndersonCouncil on February 15, 2017, 12:31:00 PM
Looks great man. So I see you socketed C21. What do you have in there now and what other values did you try?
Thanks

I haven't tried anything yet it was more of a just in case

CODymmoT

Quote from: jonnygreentrees on February 15, 2017, 12:37:38 PM
that looks awesome! can you tell me about the shielded DC input? I've just finished mine and get a subtle ticking when it's boxed up but not outside the box. I think it's to do with the offboard wiring being too close to each other

Thanks mate.

I didn't get any ticking with the unshielded D.C. Input. It was just a bone head maneuver on my behalf with the negative shorting to ground.

CODymmoT

Quote from: bluescage on February 16, 2017, 01:02:48 AM
Nice build, great etch!

Thanks man

Yeah I was real happy with the way the etch came out.

CODymmoT

Quote from: bcalla on February 16, 2017, 05:51:23 AM
That's a cool etch, nice build!

Cheers mate.