News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel......Finally

Started by CODymmoT, January 14, 2017, 04:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CODymmoT

Ok so a short back story on this build. I grew to love the sound of the pedal this is based off. Last year I went looking for a CE-2 only to find they have a ridiculous price tag against them these days. (I now wish I'd picked one up 15-20 years ago when they litters the second hand sections of music stores)
Any way, in my googling I stumbled across the madbean site along with a number of others.

I've wired plenty of guitars and countless cables so I figured I'd try to build a clone of a CE-2 rather than forking out 100s. In a way you could say that this build was indirectly the catalyst for a new hobby. I attempted a couple of other simpler builds before tackling this one and when I got round to ordering a board the terrible twos had arrived in my wife and I's lives and decided to present its own set of life challenges.

I started this is November 2016 and after some troubles with myself putting the wrong transistors on the board and an Unshielded dc input, finally buttoned it up tonight! It sounds great and am really happy with the final result.

The etched enclosure was a bit of fun after rewatching Sin City

Love to hear your thoughts

Cheers Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gordo

What a great etch!!!  Very nicely done inside and out.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

That's very cool and a great story. Mine was similar, I was looking for a good compressor.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mrclean77

Even if not your "first" build, for one of your first few to be this is pretty awesome.

I have always loved chorus - subtle to full on 80s cheese. After going thru several chorus pedals, I finally built the PB and it has not left my board.

CODymmoT

Thanks people.

mrclean77, Love the 80's cheesy chorus hahahah. I've been know to completely over do it on occasions! I think this may replace my well worn and loved CE-5. Actually screw it! They're both going to have a place on my board.

CODymmoT

jimilee cheers mate! I'm interested to know which compressor you mention?