News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lag control on chorus

Started by artstomp, January 21, 2017, 06:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artstomp

..what does the lag control on the Walrus Audio Julia chirus/vibe does...can i add a similar control on a CE2 chorus?

https://www.walrusaudio.com/products/julia-analog-chorus-vibrato

Tnx

dbp512

It sounds like it controls the delay time of the repeat? A chorus, if you don't know, delays the signal by a short time (something around 15-30msec if memory serves me well), and uses an LFO to wiggle the length of that time by a few msec longer or shorter to produce the chorus effect. It looks like the lag control sets how long that base time is, independent of the LFO. I'm not sure how to go about doing that on the CE-2, since that's analog, and I have no experience modifying/tinkering with BBD circuits. I'm sure it can be done, and maybe not even with too much difficulty (although don't quote me on that).
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

artstomp

..tnx dbp512 for the info..i also know flanger somewhat use similar scheme..the shorter delay produces a more pleasing flanger effect..that's why my Guyatone flanger that uses MN3006 is a keeper..MN3006 has shorter delay than MN3007..
..the Julia manual says"..Lag – The Lag knob let you set the center delay time that the LFO modulates around.

Scruffie

You could but it'd take some work and additional circuitry, it'd be way simpler to just change the clock time cap (C21) on a 3 way switch for 3 different center delay times, smaller cap, shorter time and vice versa.
Works at Lectric-FX