News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Delyk Cherry Pie / Drolo Twin Peaks

Started by dannoceti, January 22, 2017, 11:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannoceti

Built Delyk's horizontal version of Drolo's twin peaks circuit. Really cool pedal, sounds great!

This is probably my 50+ pedal built, but have previously never done any artwork or labeling on my pedals. I learned how to use inkscape and leveraged some artwork from others that have built this pedal. I tried printing on clear adhesive paper, but when I applied it to a sanded aluminum enclosure there was a bunch of air underneath. I could never get it to lay as a waterslide might and it looked horrible so I abandoned that idea. I ended up sending my art work to PPP and had them brush, paint, and UV print the graphic. Sort of costly, but turned out great.

The tap tempo led is not as bright as I would like, but it's usable. Might try and tweak it at some point.

I put DJN Pedals on the enclosure because it's my initials and thought it would be fun. I am not trying to take credit for this circuit at all. This is just for my personal use, will not build more or ever sell any, just thought it would fun to put something on there to personalize it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ralfg

Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

warriorpoet

Unbelievable! Congrats on a great build.
Mzo.FX, Owner

Addy Bart

Philthy

matmosphere

The artwork looks fantastic.

Did you roll your own ldr/leds?

dannoceti

Quote from: Matmosphere on January 22, 2017, 06:44:18 PM
The artwork looks fantastic.

Did you roll your own ldr/leds?
Yep I rolled them, then put heat shrink over it and pinched the ends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluescage

daleykd

Dude, that looks spectacular.  Nicely done!

bcalla

selfdestroyer

Saw this on Instagram last night and my jaw dropped. Love the finish on this.

Cody

Bret608

It really does look great! Glad you went with the candy teal--I can't get enough of that color!

chordball

That's beautiful! Really cool of drolo to allow his design to be used by delyk also.

daleykd

Quote from: chordball on January 23, 2017, 11:16:52 AM
That's beautiful! Really cool of drolo to allow his design to be used by delyk also.
Agreed.  I was surprised he allowed it.

Kartoffelkopf

Oh man! That's awesome! The ripples look like they're engraved from the way the light reflects out from the center. 
I think I've found my next project - I like the trem I built, but that looks like so much tweaky fun!