News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New amp day- something cleaner

Started by AntKnee, January 23, 2017, 09:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

My Classic 30 arrived today.  I did some homework and decided it would be a good, clean amp in that price range. I found an older used one, made in USA, for a good price and in near mint condition. Its nothing crazy, but coming from the world of high gain, it's the cleanest amp Ive owned yet. I am really liking the way pedals sound on it. Its almost like I have a whole new set of pedals, especially overdrives and fuzz. They all react differently than before. Now, I only use it at home since my JVM handles band duty, but its cool to have such a contrast.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

mrclean77

I love my Classic 30 and do think it "takes pedals well" with an admission I don't have the most experience with a boatload of amps. I do feel like it's a good platform to be able to describe how a circuit will sound straight-forward, but I do like the sound - I sometimes even play it....*gulp*...without any pedals thru it at all.

AntKnee

Ha! Yeah, I play it without effects a little, too. I know its got some cons, but in that price range, its a good value. I'm not that experienced with a lot of amps, wither, but I know most stuff from the major players. I'm really happy with it.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

culturejam

Always meant to get one of these, but somehow I always ended up going for something else.

Congrats and enjoy!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects