News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy 2016 correction and mod

Started by madbean, January 29, 2017, 04:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Someone asked me about building the original Aquapuss on the current Aquaboy 2016 board. You need to make the following changes:
Add a 470pF cap in parallel with R1
Make R6, R7, R8 and R10 47.5k instead of 47k
C14 100n instead of 82n
C2, C16, C23 and C7 10uF instead of 1uF

But, as I was going through that I noticed that C16 is actually backwards on the board. The "+" side should point toward IC3 pin7. So, please reverse C16 on the Aquaboy 2016 build. I will update the doc for this, too. Obviously, it will works the wrong way around, but we should change that to ensure the cap doesn't fail in the long run.

warriorpoet

Quote from: madbean on January 29, 2017, 04:39:55 PM
Someone asked me about building the original Aquapuss on the current Aquaboy 2016 board. You need to make the following changes:
Add a 470pF cap in parallel with R1
Make R6, R7, R8 and R10 47.5k instead of 47k
C14 100n instead of 82n
C2, C16, C23 and C7 10uF instead of 1uF

But, as I was going through that I noticed that C16 is actually backwards on the board. The "+" side should point toward IC3 pin7. So, please reverse C16 on the Aquaboy 2016 build. I will update the doc for this, too. Obviously, it will works the wrong way around, but we should change that to ensure the cap doesn't fail in the long run.

Homework!  ;D

Thanks for the heads up!
Mzo.FX, Owner

johnnyquest

Thanks for the catch. I just changed mine but it seemed a little out of calibration though afterwards. No biggie to re-cal. better than a puffy transistor later.

zosotone

I've finished the board but the delay pot works strangely, at half away I have the max time but to the left or right I have the same short time delay.

So, I need to flip the C16? The board picture on the actual file it's the same than the old.

madbean

That sounds more like a bad 1M pot to me.

darrenw6000

Quote from: madbean on February 08, 2017, 07:27:50 AM
That sounds more like a bad 1M pot to me.

i agree with Brian. Ive had the cap orientated both ways and the effect does work. Hope you can get it sorted as this is a great build!

zosotone

Yes, it's de pot. Now it's perfect, thank you so much! Nice PCB and docs...

BryGuy

Quote from: madbean on January 29, 2017, 04:39:55 PM
I noticed that C16 is actually backwards on the board. The "+" side should point toward IC3 pin7. So, please reverse C16 on the Aquaboy 2016 build.

So does that mean that C16 is backwards on the schematic as well? Got an Aquaboy board on my bench that I just started populating the other day so I thought I would ask.