News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Self Oscillator — Grind Customs "Electric Boogaloo" with Mods

Started by Aleph Null, May 01, 2017, 08:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleph Null

First, thanks to Govmnt_Lacky for helping me troubleshoot.

This is a "viola pink" enclosure from Tayda. The fan graphic is actually printed monochrome red and the lettering cyan. I definitely had to use my color science to calculate the result. I used a mixture of water and Mod Podge under the decal. I would recommend this approach to everyone as it eliminates silvering and allows more time for placement.

There are some minor modifications on this build, but nothing too revolutionary. I opted for an external "gain" control because I like to use tremolo to drive fuzz pedals, and the extra knob gives me a little more flexibility for that. The "chop" control is a B500k pot that pans between the two wave forms (sine and square); clockwise is square, thus more chop. The "rate" control has been replaced with a C100k pot as I felt this makes more of the range of the control usable (it's easier to tune the faster settings). No "rate" indicator because I find them distracting during performance.

The LED is actually fuchia!

...and, of course, a white DC jack for a little extra panache.

bluescage

Boba7

Very nice, and so clean!! I really like it. It's a great tremolo for sure, and having the volume pot on the outside is great.

Good job!!