News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nameless Flange Build

Started by Aristatertotle, February 05, 2017, 09:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristatertotle

Finished up my build of the Lovetone Flange With No Name from Alanp's awesome double stacked boards!

I've had this one sitting around for a few months waiting to get boxed up. It's actually the second one I built. I built one for my brother in law back in April but I don't have pictures of his. I was able to squeeze in the CV control as well as the effects loop and keeping it in a 1790ns. Definitely a crammed box!. I put the loopage on a toggle switch so I could flick it with a toe when I want to. I had to use these jacks http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=NSJ12HF-1virtualkey56810000virtualkey568-NSJ12HF-1 and file the lip on the back plate in order to get them to fit in.

It's the second pedal I've ever done Envirotex on and it came out pretty decent over all. I used rattle-can purple and then some silver acrylic on top that I did with some stencils I made with my mom's Cricut. They smeared a little and some of it kind of melted into the Envirotex but over all I'm really happy with it. Sound awesome! I'll post some audio demos at some point I think so I can play around with the audio interface I got for Christmas.

alanp

Wow. I'm honestly seriously impressed.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Aristatertotle

Thanks, I really appreciate that! I'm building up a little modulation box from the grind customs modulation add on board, and I'm going to throw a switch on it so I can also control the vactrol with my digdug2 and have sequenced time control changed. Because why not?

LaceSensor

hell yeah

how does one implement the FX loops?

Leevibe

Gorgeous. I wish I could do that well with a rattle can.

Timko

Amazing build.  This one is on my 2017 list.

bluescage

selfdestroyer

I saw the title and got excited since I NEED to get mine boxed up.... then I see yours and said "F That!" haha Looks way to hard to squeeze that in there with all the jacks.

Nice tight squeeze in there and the color looks fantastic.

Cody

Aristatertotle

Quote from: LaceSensor on February 06, 2017, 07:05:30 AM
hell yeah

how does one implement the FX loops?

I lifted the resistor that Alan mentions in this thread http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=22250.0 but instead of a DPDT stomp, I used a toggle switch and wired it so when it's up towards the knobs, the loop is on, and when down it's off. The send is the bottom left of the stacked jacks and the return is the bottom right. I've only played around with a delay in there so far, but I've thought that throwing a reverb in there could sound pretty sweet as well.

Quote from: selfdestroyer on February 06, 2017, 02:35:26 PM
I saw the title and got excited since I NEED to get mine boxed up.... then I see yours and said "F That!" haha Looks way to hard to squeeze that in there with all the jacks.

Nice tight squeeze in there and the color looks fantastic.

Cody

If you don't do the loopage mod the way I did, you could shift the PCB further towards the stomps, it would leave a lot more room up top for the jacks. I wanted the toggle to be as far up as possible to get with my foot easily, but out of the way of the stomps enough.

You could probably squeeze all of the mods in if you moved the stomps as far down as possible, had in the input and DC on the right side of the enclosure, used 1/8" jacks for the CV and Gate mods and had them on the left side, had the PCB as far towards the stomp as can be allowed for the input jack and power in, and used a toggle for the loopage above the board. Ya know, nothing much.  :)

Or ya know, build it stock because it's awesome anyway you do it! Seriously, thank you Alan for these boards and thanks everyone for the kind comments!

bcalla

Wow, there's a lot going on in there!  I wouldn't have thought it possible to stack the jacks like that.