News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Replacing the footswitch of a Micro POG?

Started by Tuxedo3, February 07, 2017, 12:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuxedo3

Hey guys, I have a friend who has a Micro POG that seems to have a shotty footswitch, he wants to sell it to me cheap to get rid of it. It engages the effect just fine but when disengaged it cut the signal out almost entirely. If I press the footswitch down halfway when the effect is off the signal then comes through. Sound like a footswitch issue to me. Only problem, the 3pdt has a daughterboard soldered to it with a ribbon cable going to the main board. How difficult would this be to replace?

diablochris6

If the switch is the issue, you should be able to buy a PCB-mount 3PDT switch, disconnect the broken switch from the PCB, and swap in the new switch. Easy peasy.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Tuxedo3

Quote from: diablochris6 on February 07, 2017, 01:29:39 PM
If the switch is the issue, you should be able to buy a PCB-mount 3PDT switch, disconnect the broken switch from the PCB, and swap in the new switch. Easy peasy.
This is what I was thinking, I just don't know how well desoldering the footswitch would be from that daughterboard.

diablochris6

A solder sucker or wick would do the trick.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

sonnyboy27

Like diabolchris6 said, get a solder sucker and you'll be fine. I don't get along well with a wick/braid. I actually ruined a board that had a mounted footswitch by trying to remove it with a solder wick. But with a solder sucker (and some more experience) it wasn't a problem.

Tuxedo3

Update on this, the solder sucker worked so dang well. It took a few tries to get the timing and such down, after that it was a breeze. Fixed the POG too! I got it for $80 plus a footswitch and solder sucker.