News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Thanks for not flaming

Started by jimilee, February 08, 2017, 11:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I read several other boards and this is the best community I have ever been part of. If someone even so much as steps out of line, people are eager to jump in and stop it quickly. Thanks guy, this Is a great place to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

culturejam

Shut up, Jimi.

j/k, you da man.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

Quote from: culturejam on February 08, 2017, 11:45:57 AM
Shut up, Jimi.

j/k, you da man.  ;D
Bwahahahahaha
I'm not the man, it's your world, I'm just living in it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Ralfg

Totally agree. I'm still pretty new at effect building and I feel completely comfortable asking questions and chiming in on posts. Great community here thanks everyone.
Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

GermanCdn

Who let the long haired bass player in (I keeeed, I keeeeed).

Yes, it is nice not to have threads that devolve into 100s of pages of "You're an idiot!" "No, you're an idiot".  Am a member of two football forums (one for a team I love, and the other for a team whose fans are very passionate, albeit completely cannibalistic), and the amount of topics that get derailed into stupid (and lengthy, I'm not kidding about 100s of pages) in fighting makes one not want to participate (oh, and then there's TGP, or as I call Riderfansforguitarplayerswhodontactuallyplayanymore).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

nzCdog

+1 Jimi! 8)

A CS:GO (computer game) nerd here, I sure get tired of the constant flaming & feral talk... mostly from potty-mouthed, squeaky-voiced kids.   Respect, kindness and tolerance are golden.   Yay for this forum!

matmosphere

Not sure I would have continued with this hobby if it weren't for the community on here. Not only is everyone helpful and friendly, but it sets the bar so high for quality o work. Looking at build reports on here is really inspiring.

blearyeyes

Aleph Null

< GROUP HUG >

But seriously, I've never been made to feel stupid here. Everyone is civil and willing to help you where you're at. I don't know why that happens in some forums and not others, but I am grateful. There's also much less grousing ("Get off my lawn!" threads) and cork sniffing here than pretty much any other place musicians (especially guitarists) gather.

AntKnee

I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

Fndr8875

your dead on. Im the first to admit that i am one one of those that understands some fundamentals, but the why of most stuff, i coundnt have the slightest idea. And and another forum its just , for me at least, just really pisses me off that ppl are that way, when you state youve searched google, different forums, or just have a random question. you always have some asshole who wants to chime in about why i havent memorized page 47 of some data sheet and know i got to do this to make it work. It amazes me, but i come here and ppl are nice, and respectful. Not to mention within a few hours of asking if anyone had a few spares 2 different ppl offered to send me some. I really would like to see the response if i posted asking the same one the other forum. I konw he majority of them are nice but , and i mean no disrepect to a very highly respoected  man who has been working in this industry for 30 years, but even he flamed me several times. I got fed up and went off on him, he apologized afterwards. But this is my new home, i think this site has the most valuable information posted in a way i can understand, and best pcbs IMO, and i think everyone can agree the best documentation for me and ppl like culture jam who arent very smart...Haha that cracked me up when i read your post Cj.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

peterc

I can only echo what J said.

Here and the GroupDIY site I can take comments seriously.....

But seriously  ;)
Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

mrclean77

Couldn't agree more, Jimi. There's no telling how widely diverse we have the political spectrum covered, but I love that the first comment in a recent political thread was, 'hey, please not here'.

Besides Mr. Bean setting the tone, I think one thing that makes this group unique, is that so many members understand what its like to not know some of this stuff. I started out with kind of a 'hey, I wonder if I can even do this?' approach and have learned bits and pieces as I go along ----- IMO, that kind of learning is not always linear/logic, so there are things you're gonna know and there are things one might EXPECT you to know after being "in" the hobby for 'x' amount of time, but truth be told...you may just not know and it's awesome that we have at least one place to ask without fearing insult and knowing SOMEbody here probably DOES know and is very likely to either tell you or point you in the right direction.

I've received help here from very knowledgeable members who were still very helpful and respectful when setting me straight when I wasn't doing all I could do to help myself.

drolo

... I started writing and comparing mbp to other sites and always end up speaking in negative terms ... so I am just going to say :

BFF!!

;D