News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LowRider

Started by madbean, August 18, 2011, 07:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I built up a second prototype of the LowRider (Pearl Octaver) to see if I could overcome some of the issues with the first. I'm happy to report it came out really well! Now I can fix the first build :)

Here's is a really short demo featuring some octave up, one and two octaves down all mixed together.

cjkbug

cool, sounds like it tracks pretty good. every octave down effect I've ever messed with was glitchy as hell.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

k.rock!

Yeessss please!! This sounds fantastic! Great playing by the way ;)

Is this one of the upcoming projects? Please say yes...haha

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

timbo_93631

I'm gonna need a bigger pedalboard...
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

bigmufffuzzwizz

I'm really liking the sound of this. Seems like it does what I wanted the POG to do.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jkokura

I think this is going to be released as a public project - boards will be available when it's ready.

However, it isn't a polyphonic pedal, so it won't quite do what a pog does. As far as I know, the tracking is only for one note at a time. Too bad I know, but still it's pretty great for a clean octave up and down pedal.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

dwstanford

Quote from: jkokura on August 18, 2011, 10:10:09 PM
However, it isn't a polyphonic pedal, so it won't quite do what a pog does. As far as I know, the tracking is only for one note at a time. Too bad I know, but still it's pretty great for a clean octave up and down pedal.

I guess i'll have to build three of them. ;D ;D ;D ;D

slimtriggers

Man, this would go so well with an autowah!  I'm definitely in for one of these! 8)

talon5051

It was difficult to pick up the upper octave.  I tried to make one of these from a layout on another forum but was never sure if I got the upper octave right because it was not prominent at all.  Do you find this to be the case with the design?  The lower octaves sound real good and I think track quite well.  Looking forward to seeing this project in the future. 

Haberdasher

Quote from: slimtriggers on August 19, 2011, 12:45:16 AM
Man, this would go so well with an autowah!  I'm definitely in for one of these! 8)
Yeah, no doubt.  I'd like to hear it with the dipthonizer.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

sgmezei

I want it. Nuff Said.

madbean

The upper octave is not very strong in this design, it seems. It's there, but the lower octaves are just much stronger. Without the lower octaves it becomes much more prominent. I do plan on trying to tweak the upper a little to see if I can boost it. However, it definitely adds grit to the overall sound.

petesz

that sounds amazing!

G.G.

Quote from: timbo_93631 on August 18, 2011, 09:31:41 PM
I'm gonna need a bigger pedalboard...

for real, right? And more patch cords. Put me down for one please!