News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How to save decal paper (printing photoshop designs)?

Started by Guava, February 18, 2017, 04:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guava

I've started using photoshop to design pedal artwork and print decals.  I'm not too skilled with the program and am trying to figure out how to put several decals on one piece of paper. Currently, I use a few of the photoshop templates uploaded to this site and print each one I make as a separate file.  Realizing this is a great way to waste paper.  Is there a way to combine my designs in either a photoshop or PDF format while conserving the appropriate sizing for each?  Like print a couple of 125B and a 1590BB together?

galaxiex

I do a low res test print on plain paper.
Then cut out an appropriate size piece of decal paper and tape it over the test image/paper.
Then run the whole thing thru the printer again at the desired resolution.
Mark the top left corner of the test page so you can feed it thru the same way.  ;)

Edit;
I only tape at the top (leading) edge.
Never had a problem with paper jams.
Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.

Guava

Guava

In case anybody looks at this struggling with the same issue, I figured out a way to combine everything on one page:

1. Create a blank photoshop document, US sized 8.5x11 or whatever size you're printing on.
2. For each decal you want to print, go to the decal file and select Flatten Image under Layers
3. Select Duplicate Layer by right clicking on the layer name in layer box on the bottom right of the page, which brings up the Duplicate Layer option
4. Change the Duplicate Layer destination to the new blank document when the Duplicate Layer box pops up
5. Repeat for your other decals and arrange them all to fit
6. Print and enjoy all of that saved paper

jimilee

That's pretty awesome. I usually just copy and paste but the sizing always ended up a little off, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.