News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Demo Tape Fuzz

Started by jonnygreentrees, February 19, 2017, 08:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonnygreentrees

Just boxed this up, sounds pretty cool for that direct into the mixing desk sound as well as more conventional distortion.

It seems like the EQ section cuts and boosts frequencies BEFORE the distortion stage as cranking the bass can cause the circuit to flub out in a cool way, was wondering if anyone who knows about circuits can confirm this?

davent

Looks great! Very proactive approach to finishing, will always look great!

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Adam_DIY

I like your design.  What's the guts like? I bought a demo tape fuzz pcb from Juan Solo but haven't gotten round to building it yet.

Boba7

This looks fantastic!
Pretty sure the EQ section comes after gain.

juansolo

Do like  8)

The DTF is one of those rare, unique effects that does a surprising range of usable things.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

DPTX

That gave me some serious GAS for a DFT. 

jonnygreentrees

Quote from: Adam_MD on February 19, 2017, 10:47:59 AM
I like your design.  What's the guts like? I bought a demo tape fuzz pcb from Juan Solo but haven't gotten round to building it yet.

The guts look horrible! All four pots are wired and I didn't use a PCB for the footswitch :/

Boba7

Quote from: juansolo on February 19, 2017, 12:19:53 PM
The DTF is one of those rare, unique effects that does a surprising range of usable things.

Yep, a great circuit, I agree.

We want gut shots! :)

jonnygreentrees

Quote from: Boba7 on February 20, 2017, 01:54:18 AM
Quote from: juansolo on February 19, 2017, 12:19:53 PM

Yep, a great circuit, I agree.

We want gut shots! :)

no you don't!

Adam_DIY

Quote from: jonnygreentrees on February 20, 2017, 01:17:32 AM
Quote from: Adam_MD on February 19, 2017, 10:47:59 AM

The guts look horrible! All four pots are wired and I didn't use a PCB for the footswitch :/

Mine are often messy as fook too especially when it's vero and I have to wire all the pots  ;D

Dminner

Everything about the enclosure, down to the knob color, is awesome!

jonnygreentrees

Quote from: Dminner on February 20, 2017, 06:19:58 AM
Everything about the enclosure, down to the knob color, is awesome!

That's high praise coming from you sir! Your enclosures always look fantastic!

bluescage

Love the way this enclosure looks. That's relic!

Leevibe

That's some seriously gorgeous grunge.