News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SD Pickup Booster

Started by jball85, August 19, 2011, 11:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jball85

Ok Ive got a Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster, I bought it when they first came out. These were notorious for having those crappy dpdt 6 lug (star pattern) crappy cheap worthless footswitches that came in them. Its so unreliable I cant give it a job on the pedal board. So... I need to install a 3pdt. I could install a carling, but that will cost me $20. Is there a website/blog/how-to on this or can anyone tell me. Ive tried uploading pics on the forum, but can't because they are too large (too many megs). Yes Im a noob.

sgmezei

You can use a blue 3pdt and just copy the connections over. You will have one column of lugs unused but I find I use these footswitches for most builds. That way you can bulk order like 10 of them and the price comes down.

jball85

Thanks for the help scott, I just turned the 3pdt so the tabs were horizontal and avoided the middle row (horizontally speaking) worked like a charm.

jkokura

That's a good note for everyone - you can use any 3PDT switch as a SPDT or a 2PDT. You can also use a 2PDT switch as a SPDT as well. Just because it calls for a SPDT stomp or a 2PDT stomp doesn't mean you have to use one - if you can get a 3PDT for cheaper you can use it instead with no negative repercussions.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals