News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD

Started by peAk, March 21, 2017, 11:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

I know I mentioned this in another thread but starting a new thread is much fun'r

Got this a few days ago. I have always wanted a Mosrite but could never think about spending the money on one. I always keep an eye out for Mosrite knock-offs though. Saw this on Craigslist last Friday, did some research, then decided to jump on it. The value on this guitar won't likely increase much, if at all, but that's okay.

I am currently building a tube spring reverb  8) and thought this would go great with it...hehe. Love me some of that retro scifi/surf rock scene.   

It plays great. The action is really nice and I just need to get used to this jazz master style vibrato. I am a Strat guy through and through but this is a lot of fun and I can get some interesting tones out of it.

The guy I bought it from had just started playing like a year ago and hadn't really even used this one. He just had it hanging on his wall. I believe it too because I couldn't find a scratch on it. Still plastic on the pickguard!

Timko

Oh yes.  Yes yes yes.  I also have wanted a Mosrite for a while, but haven't been prepared to pony up the cash for a vintage one.  This one looks fantastic.  The pickups looks interesting; the original mosrites had super hot single coils from what I've read.  This is a single and bucker?

I've picked up one of those nearly new guitars on Craigslist before.  If you're patient and just keep watching that site, you can get some great guitars for next to nothing.

nzCdog

Hot!  Love this, congrats :)

jubal81

Didn't click with me when I first saw it, but looking really cool - like what the band at the bonfire party would be playing in a 70s motorcycle movie.

Have fun with that!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

peAk

I figured if it was cool enough for Jack White....

thesameage

They have some cool basses too.