News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First 2 baby pedals... RUNTS! With Ruetz Mod!

Started by greysun, March 11, 2017, 04:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greysun

Felt pretty good about these builds, so thought I'd share...

I have a slow loris that I use for bass fuzz and "color" in combo with a micro-pog, but was needing something smaller for my pedal board. Didn't know if I could live without the mods, but found that I really liked the sweep/Ruetz and could probably live without the rest.

So how to get 4 pots into one of these enclosures? Well, I had to cut up the pots board - and if you do it, remember to label which part of the board is for which pot on the other side, as they aren't interchangeable - and make another small board with a resistor behind it.

I also knew that, for me, height was a bigger issue on my board than width, so I went with my old school plugs and moved it to the side. It was tight, but everything fit really well in the end.

The diamond pattern for the knobs is interesting, I suppose - but it was easier to fit them all in this way, so I'm glad I don't hate it, hehe. They are a little close together, but I'm a "set it, forget it" type - if you aren't and you've got fat fingers, this mod may not be for you, hehe.

The LED is 5mm because I wanted both these pedals to match somewhat and couldn't find a 3mm pink LED. Personally, I like 5mm better than 3mm when I don't have room for a bezel anyway.

Because I don't trust my soldering skills with ICs, I took madbeans advice in the baby board guide and got those low profile jacks as close to the top of the enclosure as they could physically go... this posed problems when wires couldn't fit under them anymore, LOL, so while the wiring is solid, it's a little haphazard looking. I've also never wired a 3pdt manually - always had small boards for them - so that was new.

Anywho - I'm happy with it and they sound great. I've got a couple cherrybombs and pig butts coming soon, as well, so while I build those, the rest of you build happy!

Aleph Null

These look really good. I like the color combinations. Great planning getting all that into 1590As!

m-Kresol

sweet builds. and amazing cramming all that stuff in there.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

bluescage

wgc

Great stuff. I did the ruetz  sweep mod on mine too, agree about the other mods.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Coda-effects

They look really good, in and out!
Lots of wiring goind on in these little boxes