News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Klone (Madbean Sunking)

Started by cajone5, March 13, 2017, 04:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajone5

I've had this PCB for years and finally got around to build it.  Not too fun for me building in tight quarters (I prefer larger layouts and enclosures) but I really dig how it turned out and it sounds great.  I played around with diodes too and settled on the 1n695's that I have with 0.35v forward voltage.  Sounds great.  BAT43 was good too but they had a flubby bass that I couldn't quite bond with.  Oh, and this was my first chance to work with a smallbear bare box (isnt that what they're called?).  I have to say though, I'm pretty annoyed as this was predrilled and the holes are not symmetric... the damn tone is about an eighth of an inch off center and pretty obvious and it really gets to my OCD... ah well, sounds good.

I have to say the punch and upper mid presence of the Klon circuit is why I think so many like it.  That and the compression it seems to add.  It makes for a very clear and cutting sound that really shines for me.  And, despite the lack of top jacks, this one will likely make the board... that is until I build another one with the Aion board that I have laying around that does have top jacks :)

stringsthings

Very nice!  I have a sunking build in a 1590BB from a madbean pcb bought years ago.
Great sounding pedal.
All You Need Is Love

Boba7

Really nice! Where does the enclosure come from?

As for the knob, you could always drill a slightly larger hole. But I just don't see it! It looks perfect.

bluescage

cajone5

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Enclosure is from pedalpartsplus, I think.  I got it a few years ago though so I could be wrong  :o  I have a green one too that I'll use for a tube screamer build soon.

Yea, I thought about reaming the hole out... I may do that although I may just try to get used to it since it really don't matter that much and is only really an OCD issue on my part.