News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lab Series Preamp pedals assembled by Alchemy Audio, plus demo video

Started by aion, March 15, 2017, 04:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aion

I know several of you have built one of these, but in case you've had people ask you to build one for them and you don't want to, Alchemy Audio in Chicago will be building a limited run of 50 of them in the next month. Johnny sat down with Reverb.com and did a demo video which you can check out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp7VQmfxpdc

The preorder is available on Reverb.com or Alchemy Audio's website and he expects to be shipping late April.

I don't have any financial stake in these (other than that I supplied the PCBs) but am pretty thrilled to see it happening, and trying to help Johnny out by spreading the word!

mrclean77

Love seeing the partnership & I wouldn't blame anybody for not wanting to build one haha.

BTW - the AA link below goes to the YT vid again.

dbp512

I can't wait to see this. I have mine sitting under a few inches of dust, but eventually I'll order the caps and solder them in. Until then, I'm excited to see more of these pedals floating around.
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

Timko

Great!  Maybe I can hear what Channel 1 is supposed to sound like since mine basically has no sound.

I can see from the video that the channel volume is at 3:00 and the main volume is at noon and there's no decrease in sound, so I've obviously got something wrong there :(.

Timko

Great video BTW.  I've been touting channel 2 to my friends and now I can point them to something.

Droogie

Having built two of these bad boys, I wish the video had demonstrated the midrange/frequency controls more effectively. With the Midrange control close to the center, the sweep of the Frequency control isn't nearly as dramatic. If they had gone to three o' clock Mid, you really would've heard what makes this circuit special IMHO.

Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

aion

Quote from: Droogie on March 15, 2017, 10:24:44 AM
Having built two of these bad boys, I wish the video had demonstrated the midrange/frequency controls more effectively. With the Midrange control close to the center, the sweep of the Frequency control isn't nearly as dramatic. If they had gone to three o' clock Mid, you really would've heard what makes this circuit special IMHO.
Yeah, agreed. Great playing, though.