News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Chorus - Pork Barrel

Started by AntKnee, March 15, 2017, 09:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

After deciding to just go with 9v operation, here's my finished Pork Barrel. I used one of the new stomps with the led washer. Looks really cool and the switch feels like it is of good quality. I went with off board pots so I could space them to look better on this enclosure and so I could use large knobs. I love how it turned out and how it sounds. I compared it to my MIJ CE-2, and it is 99% spot on. The knob settings even match up almost perfectly. I'll be using this a lot!

Try to ignore the little bit of velcro fuzz below the input label. It's not a blemish.  ;)

I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

cajone5

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

mrclean77

Super slick inside and out! I would not have thought about the pots if you didn't mention it - or maybe I woulda guessed you just made the legs streeetch to make it work - nice job on that part, too!

I need to locate/open the ol' wallet for some different chips to try - I do not have an original to compare to, but every time I see a PB thread, I make sure to note it ended my chorus search.

AntKnee

Thanks, everybody!

Quote from: mrclean77 on March 15, 2017, 11:41:52 AM
Super slick inside and out! I would not have thought about the pots if you didn't mention it - or maybe I woulda guessed you just made the legs streeetch to make it work - nice job on that part, too!

Well, I say offboard, but I actually used solid leads on solder lug pots. The location isn't that much different from pcb mount, but if you mount this in a 1590b, you can't use large knobs or they hang over the edge of the pedal. So, my solution was more space between pots, bigger box, bigger knobs.

mjg

Ooh, where do you get the glowing ring around the stomp switch. That is awesome.

lego4040

Awesome job all around. Did you paint the enclosure? And yes, where did you get that led stomp switch

CODymmoT

That is super clean! Enjoy it's a great pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AntKnee

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

That's just beautiful. Quite a bit closer to what the switch looks like. It's hard to photograph. It doesn't go dark at the edges like yours and my photos show. Mine much more than yours. Terrific build in and out.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

AntKnee

Quote from: gordo on March 15, 2017, 08:12:28 PM
That's just beautiful. Quite a bit closer to what the switch looks like. It's hard to photograph. It doesn't go dark at the edges like yours and my photos show. Mine much more than yours. Terrific build in and out.

I tried a few LDRs and ended up using a 1k. I thought it looked best. What did you use on yours?

Boba7

Wow, what a great looking pedal!!

flanagan0718

Super sharp build. Inside and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lars

That looks like a production pedal. Outstanding job!
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....