News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Where can I find B2M pcb mount pots?

Started by AntKnee, March 11, 2015, 11:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

Building a Sharkfin, and can't find anyone that sells a 2M pcb mount linear pot.
Thanks!
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

Govmnt_Lacky

Smallbear or Mouser and some resistor bits soldered to the pot lugs.... DONE!  ;)

selfdestroyer

Quote from: AntKnee on March 11, 2015, 11:23:09 AM
Building a Sharkfin, and can't find anyone that sells a 2M pcb mount linear pot.
Thanks!

Like Govmnt_Lacky said.
This is what I do:
http://music.codydeschenes.com/?p=2203

works out perfectly.

Cody

AntKnee

Thanks, guys. I've done that before and I would totally do that if anyone had solder lug pots, but can't find those, either.
No one seems to carry 16mm 2M pots.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: AntKnee on March 11, 2015, 11:53:00 AM
Thanks, guys. I've dont that before and I would totally do that if anyone had solder lug pots, but can't find those, either.

I need to update my post since I also do the same process with the non-angled PCB mount ones also. I bend the legs down on the pot and I  use a "third hand", one clip to hold the pot and the other to hold the solid copper wire. I line up the wire and the pot leg and then soldier it on.

hope this makes sense.

Cody

AntKnee

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 11, 2015, 11:57:55 AM
Quote from: AntKnee on March 11, 2015, 11:53:00 AM
Thanks, guys. I've dont that before and I would totally do that if anyone had solder lug pots, but can't find those, either.

I need to update my post since I also do the same process with the non-angled PCB mount ones also. I bend the legs down on the pot and I  use a "third hand", one clip to hold the pot and the other to hold the solid copper wire. I line up the wire and the pot leg and then soldier it on.

hope this makes sense.

Cody

It does, but I still can't find 2M pots to work with.

AntKnee

felipesareas

Quote from: AntKnee on March 11, 2015, 12:07:14 PM
Quote from: mgwhit on March 11, 2015, 12:05:13 PM
http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/alpha-single-gang-16mm-solder-terms-linear-audio-taper/
Hell, I must have looked 10 times and didn't see it till now.
Someone slap me.

same happened to me. apparently smallbear has got many different potentiometer options that are actually not so different. Thanks for the link]