News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Madbean Bumblebee - Sound Demo and Build Report

Started by chromesphere, June 10, 2012, 03:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Hi all,

Been on a Germanium, binge i guess youd say, lately.  I've just finished the Bumblebee.  Really nice fuzz, kind of reminds me of a fuzz factory when, you know, you set to something that sounds good :)

I have made this video build report / sound demo, i hope you like it and thanks for checking it out!
Paul

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

bigrigg

Haberdasher

hey that sounds pretty good.  are those the tiny little gt's in there, the ones that are so small?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

chromesphere

Thanks guys.  Yeah they are the Russian GT's and they are very small.  No expect on germaniums but they sound really good to me!

whitebread47

Thanks as always for the videos, man!  I've got a lot of Germaniums coming in and some are GT313s, so I might have to build one of these, which gives me a great excuse to incorporate a Road Rage as well.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

midwayfair

Where do you find the GT313s? I've seen them in some other builds (Dan Zink uses them constantly) and I'd like to try them out.

whitebread47

Quote from: midwayfair on June 10, 2012, 07:41:21 PM
Where do you find the GT313s? I've seen them in some other builds (Dan Zink uses them constantly) and I'd like to try them out.

Mine are part of a trade I made for a lot of various Ge trannies, but you can get loads of them for cheap on ebay, direct from Moscow.  I'm talking some pretty good deals: http://www.ebay.com/itm/GT313-B-Germanium-PNP-HF-Transistor-RUSSIA-QTY-100-/310192241797

My guess is the guy who traded them to me got 'em on the bay. 
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

Bret608

Yours sounds really good--I have a Buzzaround from Ghost Effects in the UK with lots o' mojo parts, and yours sounds very, very similar. Does the timbre knob get things sounding more thin and treble-y as you go counter-clockwise? I like all the settings for one reason or another, but the place you have yours set does seem to be a sweet spot. This circuit is my favorite GE fuzz for sure.

chromesphere

Hi Bret,
yeah, the timbre knob does just that.  i havent had alot of time to play around with it but yeah its awesome :)
paul

maxiclick

I built this more than a year ago and was happy and put it aside to deal with life. I've been playing a lot lately with PRS se with P90's, Strat...champ 12, Rivera Pubster... thank you. This is a wonderful gizmo to have on your board. Not sure if the cleanup with the guitar vol control is quite what I expected (first in chain) but it plays nice with a considerable number of other pedals and I don't turn it off, e v e r! I also built the compressor, vibrato, 3timeChamp. They are all keepers thus far.