News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Oatmeal Series - UPDATED 10/8!! Quadrovibe!!

Started by eldanko, August 22, 2011, 07:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

Howdy friends.

I've started a second series of pedals, this time featuring the artwork of the Oatmeal.  If you are not familiar with this comic, head over to www.theoatmeal.com and check it out.  You're welcome.

Gatling Kitty
FINALLY got my Quadrovibe done!  This thing is reeeeeally cool.  Very swirly.  Sorry for the lack of gut shots - just took a quickie of the outside, and frankly this was a slightly more crammed build than I expected.  Excited to see the next rendition of the QV!

The Bear-o-dactyl
With a name like that, it had to be a fuzz.  This is just a straightforward Mangler using two OC140s (NPN) from Smallbear.  Sounds frickin' nasty, which is kind of what I was hoping.   ;D

T-Rex Echoplex
A Fatpants build, and my first full build with a 1590A enclosure.  It's a very tight fit, as I went ahead and used 16mm pots, but everything's in there!  I was worried about noise with everything crammed in, but it's actually dead quiet.  It sounds fantastic!  Everyone should build one of these...

Will be adding to this series in the future, but wanted to go ahead and toss these out!  Enjoy!
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

night-B

These are amazing! I'm going straight to the comic page...

nzCdog

sgmezei

Great builds man. They look great. I noticed that the one cap on the echoplex is a 16v and I know with the charge pump there are higher voltages. Im not sure but I think it is around 17v. Just a precursor warning. Hopefully one of the more experienced will chime in.

But again, great looking builds.

cab_eleven

eldanko

Quote from: sgmezei on August 23, 2011, 07:26:52 AM
Great builds man. They look great. I noticed that the one cap on the echoplex is a 16v and I know with the charge pump there are higher voltages. Im not sure but I think it is around 17v. Just a precursor warning. Hopefully one of the more experienced will chime in.

But again, great looking builds.

Yes, 16Vs were all I had lying around at the time and so I popped em in hoping for the best.  So far so good, but I'm not against swapping them out after my next restock if you cats think it's a good idea. 

bigmufffuzzwizz

Those are sweet looking peals! That bear-o-dactyl is a hilarious drawing! I like the 1590a, that is the perfect fit!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

eldanko

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on September 04, 2011, 07:03:44 PM
Those are sweet looking peals! That bear-o-dactyl is a hilarious drawing! I like the 1590a, that is the perfect fit!!

Thanks man.  I'm definitely planning one or two more Oatmeal pedals... love that guy's stuff.  Doing the TRex has me pretty pumped about the Bean's upcoming 1590A series of boards!

bigmufffuzzwizz

Oh yea, that series is gonna be really fun. I'm excited for a mini delay!!!

eldanko

Added a pic of the Gatling Kitty - see first post!

shawnee

jkokura

Cool matchy matchiness. I look forward to seeing more!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

Ah Gatling Kitty...  So much win! :D
What a cool graphic!

bigmufffuzzwizz

Great job on the 1590A! I recently completed my first 1590a build and I had a much better time than I expected I would with it. It was a slambox and I was trying to figure out if I could fit anymore in, but you just did it so it must be possible.  :)

rullywowr

Wow, these are just fantastic builds man!  Really great graphics and tidy wiring.  I am inspired!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!