News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE Projects FAQ

Started by madbean, March 29, 2017, 05:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I've created a separate area for these projects to keep information more easily accessible. Please post all questions and tech help requests for the VFE projects here.

-GENERAL FAQ-
- Peter Rutter has donated his remaining PCBs for the discontinued VFE pedals to MBP for release to the DIY community. He is awesome like that!
- These are the actual production PCBs used to build VFE pedals.
- Each project PCB also includes the VFE switching board and micro-controller for soft-bypass goodness.
- Many of these projects require custom pots. These pots are included with the appropriate PCBs (while there is stock).
- The projects will be released in batches of two or three per month for the remainder of 2017.
- There are thousands of boards, so this stuff will be in stock for a long time. Some projects are fewer in quantity and I will inform everyone when this is the case.
- I have limited numbers of switching boards and micro-controllers, so the release schedule may fluctuate depending on how quickly I can get more.
- Pre-drilled enclosures for these projects may soon be available from Pedal Parts Plus.
- The price for each project will be the same. I am still working out the details on this.
- For international customers, 1st Class USPS shipping will be required due to the included pots. I believe I will be able to cap this at $13 shipping per order. Obviously, if a project does not require the custom pots, then the cheap shipping option will be used.
- For domestic orders, shipping will be the same as always.

Project List
Alpha Dog
Blueprint
Blues King
Bumblebee
Choral Reef
Darkhorse
Distortion 3
Enterprise
Fiery Red Horse
Focus
Merman
Mobius Strip
Old School
Pale Horse
Scream
Springboard
Triplet
Triumvirate
White Horse

Last and Most Important!
Peter/VFE does not provide support for these projects. Under no circumstance should you contact him with questions or support requests for the projects available at MBP. This is an expressed condition of this offer, so please respect that. I will try to make myself available here regularly as the information "nexus" builds for these projects. That said, I do believe he would appreciate any acknowledgement for his generosity to the DIY community so please feel free to show some love :)

lego4040

:) 8) I will gladly hand my money over for the choral chorus, just say when ;)

Dv8r601

I'm super excited for these to hit the store. I bet there will be a good bit of questions. His pedals were packed to the teeth, but school children built them so it shouldn't be too hard. Thanks for this btw.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Tapatalk

peAk

Hey Brian, is there a pretty good stock on the custom pots too?

Aristatertotle

Quote from: madbean on March 29, 2017, 05:28:04 PM
- Pre-drilled enclosures for these projects may soon be available from Pedal Parts Plus.

All of this is super awesome by the by. Peter is a super awesome dude!

Edit: fixed that crap attempt at a Wayne's World reference.

madbean

Yeah, PPP should be a big help. I do have a production enclosure and I've already scanned that and re-created the drill spots for it. So, there's an option for those who want to drill their own (like me).

karter2000

Any projected date for the Triumvirate?  I'm extremely interested in that one!

Frittenkirk

Hello

(sorry for the bad english, it is not my native language)

I sadly missed the first badge of alpha dog and pale horse.
Because of the european summertime i was one hour to soon visiting the shop and then half a day to late.

So i want to know when the next sale is starting ?
Is it possible to get on a waiting list or something simalar ?

Thanx in advance and greetings from good old germany.

Frittenkirk

Frittenkirk

Hello

Finally i got an Alpha Dog and a Pale Horse kit.
The shipping time to Germany was only a few days. 

Thanks very much. I am happy now.....

Frittenkirk

ILikeTurtles

I haven't DIY'd in years and I just came back here looking for an optical compressor project. I ordered a 4:1 and all the availble VFE boards - so cool!

I'm wondering whether I missed the boat on the VFE White Horse? I see that it was listed as an upcoming project but it's not available currently.

madbean

Quote from: ILikeTurtles on November 06, 2017, 11:34:43 AM
I haven't DIY'd in years and I just came back here looking for an optical compressor project. I ordered a 4:1 and all the availble VFE boards - so cool!

I'm wondering whether I missed the boat on the VFE White Horse? I see that it was listed as an upcoming project but it's not available currently.

The White Horse hasn't been released yet, but I am in fact working on it right now. So I believe it will come out pretty soon.

madbean

Okay got my White Horse verified and sounding quite alright. I'll put that "on the schedule" for release later this month after I get the new switching boards in.

fair.child

Waiting for TRIUMVIRATE and BUMBLEBEE

fair.child

Brian,

What is the plan for the next VFE release? Bumblebee?

Aentons

Just curious... I don't see the following in the project list above. What's the deal... those boards weren't made in larger batches like the others? You think they will eventually be made available? Or is it the kinda thing that once the boards he sent are gone then that's it?

Rocket EQ
Mini Mu
Woodchipper
Fuzz Duo
Yodeler
Ice Scream
Dragon Hound
RUP