News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another bloody Canadian eh

Started by baaron, March 29, 2017, 05:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baaron

Longtime DIYSB / FSB member, occasional MBP lurker.  I've built kits from GGG, BYOC, boards from MadBean and TonePad, and an awful lot of perfboard projects.  I've worked as a preschool teacher, rapid-deployment mobile sand silo designer, boutique bass designer / assembler, and right now I design stores for a federation of co-operatives (that should be a pretty big hint for fellow western Canadians) with well over 600 locations.

What's the best sub-forum to ask questions like "How does a Peacekeeper compare to a BSIAB2"?  I'm having trouble finding demos of some of the custom MadBean designs, and living in Canada makes pedal-building an expensive hobby so I try to be pretty careful with my purchases.
B.Mus on Classical Guitar, CAD/CAM Engineering Technologist

Leevibe

Welcome!

You don't have to be too afraid of posting in the wrong sub around here. If there's a better one for your question you will be politely redirected. I know. It's kind of weird.

GermanCdn

Welcome to the forum!  Based on your description, I'm guessing you're either in Jacob's backyard (Saskatchewan) or mine (Alberta)?
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jkokura

Curtis beat me to it, but yeah, which Province are you in? I'm in Yorkton Saskatchewan.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

baaron

I live in the city that is named after a moderately tasty (but highly overrated) berry!

jkokura

Quote from: baaron on March 30, 2017, 04:39:36 PM
I live in the city that is named after a moderately tasty (but highly overrated) berry!

S'toon? Cool. I'm up there infrequently. Perhaps I'll send you a message next time I am.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

baaron

Those would certainly be the berries in question!

I've never been to Yorkton but I see that there is a Co-op, so it's conceivable that I might end up down there for a site visit some day if they decide to renovate or build another store.