News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Choral Reef (3008 Chorus)

Started by peAk, March 30, 2017, 03:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

Just curious as to how this 3008 chorus differs from all the 3007 choruses out there?

I have some 3008 chips and wouldn't mind using them for this if it creates somewhat of a different chorus flavor.

Scruffie

It will achieve one of these 3 things, either a slight reduction in noise through a higher clock frequency for the same delay time as a 3007, a brighter sound through a higher clock frequency allowing for lighter filtering at the same noise level and the same delay time as the 3007 or a more in your face chorus sound from a longer delay time, or something slightly in between.
Works at Lectric-FX

peAk

Quote from: Scruffie on March 30, 2017, 03:43:01 PM
It will achieve one of these 3 things, either a slight reduction in noise through a higher clock frequency for the same delay time as a 3007, a brighter sound through a higher clock frequency allowing for lighter filtering at the same noise level and the same delay time as the 3007 or a more in your face chorus sound from a longer delay time, or something slightly in between.

Thanks for the info Scruffie

Are there any commercial chorus pedals out there you know of that use the 3008s?

Scruffie

The vintage MXR Stereo Chorus is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.
Works at Lectric-FX

LaceSensor

might be wrong here but the reissue big box stereo EHX PolyChorus has a MN3008  in it

Scruffie

Quote from: LaceSensor on March 30, 2017, 05:09:03 PM
might be wrong here but the reissue big box stereo EHX PolyChorus has a MN3008  in it
Right you are.
Works at Lectric-FX

Aristatertotle

Listened to a demo on YouTube of the coral reef. It's really cool sounding.

lego4040

That is some chorus pedal, I just lent out my favorite chorus pedal as well

peAk

Quote from: Aristatertotle on March 30, 2017, 06:19:44 PM
Listened to a demo on YouTube of the coral reef. It's really cool sounding.

Not sure why I didn't think to do that.

Agree, very nice sounding.

warriorpoet

I own a Choral Reef. It's the first chorus I've ever loved.
Mzo.FX, Owner

Boba7

I've regretted my Choral Reef ever since I sold it. I needed a more simple chorus to start with, ended up with a beautiful CE2-B that I modified a bit, but I'd LOVE to build a Choral Reef, especially now I understand more fully how a chorus works. Some amazing sounds with this beast of a chorus.

madbean

Cool well based on the interest I'll see about getting the Reef released in the next batch.

peAk

Quote from: madbean on March 31, 2017, 12:13:35 PM
Cool well based on the interest I'll see about getting the Reef released in the next batch.

awesome!  8)

culturejam

Sweet. I have some 3008s just sitting around.  8)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Jules

glad I saw this, I will like to build one too.