News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Offset guitar and DIY guitar stand

Started by m-Kresol, April 22, 2017, 07:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

Hi fellas,

I bought a new guitar a few weeks back and it's my first offset guitar. I was aiming for a Jazzmaster when I found this one locally for a very good price and it pretty much is everything I could have wished for (eg. no tremolo, satin finish neck, not the ugly Fender strat headstock). It only has two minor scratches on the back but otherwise is like new.

It's a Hohner Reno and I have almost no info about other than it was build from 1998 - 2002. Timbo is winding some new pickups for me, which will make this one near to perfect.

When I was home for easter I used my dad's workshop to build myself a multiple guitar stand. Thanks to Brejna for posting his build a while ago. I was hoping to get some dark wood, like walnut, but I couldn't justify paying more for a piece of lumber than what I paid for most of my guitars, so I went with cheap spruce from the hardwarestore instead and gave it an oil finish.

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

matmosphere

Nice! That Hohner looks great, and the stand is really cool

brejna

Stand looks great, you got serious woodwork skills.. 

P.S. Still two place to be filled ;)

m-Kresol

Quote from: brejna on April 22, 2017, 01:51:07 PM
Stand looks great, you got serious woodwork skills.. 

P.S. Still two place to be filled ;)

thanks, there are some places where it could have been a lot better (joints of the bottom parts and the vertical pieces), but we don't have a router so I used an electrical planer which worked only half decent. But hey, for 30-40€ for the whole thing +  fun making it, it's totally ok.

and yes, I planed extra spaces for the future :)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials