News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Krankosaurus sample - My 1st demo

Started by Neeno, August 24, 2011, 02:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neeno

Hi guys, I just finished (not really) building a krankosaurus (thank you Brian) and since I had the pcb still lying on the desk (did the input cap mod from 100n -> 22n as suggested by Pauloman80... thank you!) I wanted to make a small sample.

The recording chain is a bit unusual, I know, so take this as a grain of salt.
Guitar -> krankosaurus -> t.c.electronic konnekt 8 DI input -> Overloud TH2 (blackface '65 amp and cab set clean with just a bit of break-up, mic'ed with a SM57, you'll able to hear the clean tone at the beginning)

Guitars had really minor eq and a tiny bit of compression to sound "in context" with the drums.
http://soundcloud.com/neeeeeeeeno/krankosaurus-bor-22n-input-cap

Before the mod the pedal sounded a bit too bassy and muddy, the 22n cap on the input cleans up the low end. Feel free to experiment with different values 33,47n,...

The original mod thread:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=359.0

Cheers
Neeno

jimmybjj

sounds really great, liked the clip alot
Pcbs no longer available

mjcyates

k.rock!

I loved it! Sounds really rawk!! Great demo man!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

nzCdog

Nice demo dude.  Great sounding pedal :)

BRGPollen

Nice demo dude!   Makes me want to go snatch up a board and my Iron!!  Again, good job!

"B"
The Musician's Theory of Relativity . . . . . E=Fb

jubal81

Sounds fantastic. +1 for the build queue.
The playing was outstanding, too. Is that your riff?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

keysandguitars

Nicely done man. I'm glad I ordered parts for this one. Thanks for linking the thread on the mods, should be helpful.
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

Neeno

Thank you guys, thank you so much for the kind words.
I'm loving this pedal too, even if I have to admit that with the stock cap value it sounded less interesting to me, but now it sounds more "balanced" less muddy and less fuzzy, especially in the low registers.

jubal81, thank you.
Yes, the riff came up while playing with the pedal after the mod, so I decided to record it... and make the demo.

jubal81

Quote from: Neeno on August 26, 2011, 12:59:24 AM
Thank you guys, thank you so much for the kind words.
I'm loving this pedal too, even if I have to admit that with the stock cap value it sounded less interesting to me, but now it sounds more "balanced" less muddy and less fuzzy, especially in the low registers.

jubal81, thank you.
Yes, the riff came up while playing with the pedal after the mod, so I decided to record it... and make the demo.

Just went back and listened to it again. I used to love the heavy blues rock aka (stoner rock); bands like Orange Goblin, Mystic Krewe, Fu Manchu, Kyuss, Nebula, etc. I haven't listened to or played that type stuff in years, but your riff there is gonna make me dig out some old albums  ;D
I love it when a new piece of gear instantly inspires you to be creative.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair