News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PPP enclosures for cheap!

Started by Rockhorst, May 02, 2017, 03:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhorst

I didn't see anyone mention it (but I haven't been religiously checking the boards either) but it seems PedalPartsPlus (PPP) has new owners. They are getting rid of old stock for bargain prices IMO: a 1590B in a random color for $3 is a steal (that's cheaper than they are in bare aluminum). I ordered a bunch and named some color preferences. I'm very pleased with the box that came in the mail so ordered another batch. They're selling fast I heard, so if you want so, head over :)

(no affiliation with PPP, just pointing you towards a good deal :) )

cresconio

Too bad the shipping rates to Europe are atrocious ...

Rockhorst

Yes, but it still made it worth the while compared to a) local vendors and powder coaters and b) regular PPP orders. Still, it pays off to buy 25 boxes, to spread the shipping (should be about $2 per enclosure). I placed a rather large order (80 enclosures...I'll be building for years to come :P) and that  resulted in a 75% discount from my last PPP order. So, if you have the funds, it comes down to about $3 + $2 + customs + VAT which is about $7 for a powder coated enclosure. Which is less than I pay for a bare aluminum shipped within the Netherlands!

stringsthings

Just visited the site.  I've never ordered from PPP.  Might have to get a few of them enclosures for clearance prices.
All You Need Is Love

Droogie

I've ordered a bunch of these. It's a great deal and the shipping has been very fast. No affiliation on my part.
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

dan.schumaker

I just ordered some of these for some future VFE projects.  The price is right, we will see how things turn out.

AntKnee

I saw their new site a few weeks ago. They've had this close out running for a little while.
I just ordered a bunch, too. Can't beat the price, even for random finish. All their stuff looks good, so I don't mind.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

stringsthings

Went ahead and ordered 5 random color 1590BB's.  Looking forward
to seeing what arrives!
All You Need Is Love

AntKnee

I ordered various sizes, a dozen total, and all of them have cool finishes. Its not just the stuff nobody wants. I'm happy with them. I recommend getting some if anyone is undecided.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

mjg

Argh, so tempting. But the shipping to Australia makes it pointless.

1 box - $20 shipping
5 boxes - $40 shipping
10 boxes - $75 shipping

And that's in USA dollars, once I convert to Australian dollaridoos it's 1.4 times worse.

midwayfair

Quote from: AntKnee on May 05, 2017, 01:57:15 PM
I ordered various sizes, a dozen total, and all of them have cool finishes. Its not just the stuff nobody wants. I'm happy with them. I recommend getting some if anyone is undecided.

Seconded -- heck, I got a white 1590B with no blems, and you'd think they wouldn't need to unload those.

Jebus

Tried to order various amounts of enclosures but the shipping rates are ridiculous..  ;D ;D

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on May 05, 2017, 06:23:00 PM
Quote from: AntKnee on May 05, 2017, 01:57:15 PM

Seconded -- heck, I got a white 1590B with no blems, and you'd think they wouldn't need to unload those.

I ordered a pile as well.  They even said they'd do their best to accommodate color requests.

I believe these were all enclosures powder coated by the previous owners.  It seems that they want to sell only things they powder coated with the new pricing.

The quantities are getting pretty low on these.  The new PPP pricing is pretty rough for one-off colors.  I priced things out the other day and the pricing flattens out at 25 pieces, which is fine for FFX but I find a bit rough for personal builds.  It looks like I'm going to have to buy in quantities of 5-10 and keep fewer colors around.  I bought a one-off premium color as a build for a friend and the damn thing cost close to $30 for a single enclosure.  OUCH.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Rockhorst

Photos don't do it justice, but I got translucents, anodized, brushed about 60% of my order and the rest some standard colors (I requested they stay away from too bright colors, going for more subdued tones, and they did).

somnif

Good lord, and I thought my buying 7 enclosures at once was a little excessive...

Well at least now I feel less bad about it  ;D