News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Drolo Twin Peaks and Etched faceplate

Started by gordo, May 02, 2017, 05:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I finally got a half decent etch on a face plate.  It's a little fuzzy but I'm calling it a keeper.  The speckled look is just reflections. My only complaint is the bevel for the tap tempo indicator.  The countersink bit got a bit grabby and I figured I better quit while I was ahead rather that risk blowing thru the hole.  This is the third in my drolo builds, the Twin Peaks tremolo.  Very cool pedal and went together without any issues.

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

BrianS

Looks awesome.  I like the color combinator.  The yellow really pops the face plate.

stringsthings

Very nice!

That new PCB is laid out really well.  I've got one of the 2-board versions built and I did get
one of the new PCB's.  Future build.  I agree; it's a very nice tremelo.
All You Need Is Love

Jules

That looks fantastic, one day I will take the leap into decent enclosure finishing.
I hope to produce something that good when I do.

bcalla

I'm seeing a lot more awesome than fuzzy!

Boba7

That face plate looks great! And I really like the yellow enclosure.

Aleph Null

The etch looks great from here. However many attempts it took, it looks like it was worth it.

m-Kresol

Quote from: Aleph Null on May 02, 2017, 09:52:29 AM
The etch looks great from here. However many attempts it took, it looks like it was worth it.

I agree, top notch work
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

gordo

Thanks folks.  I have some thin yellow pcb stock but figured the FeCl would stain it too bad.  Shot the board with a few coats of lacquer to give it some contrast and avoid the copper oxidizing.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

mjg

bluescage