News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A couple Foxx Tone Machines and a Deluxe Pitch Pirate

Started by Boba7, May 02, 2017, 08:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba7

Hey

So I've built a couple Foxx Tone Machines on Wolfshirt pcbs, one  for a musician friend (who already has a couple pedals I built for him) and one for me.
Built it stock except I added a momentary octave footswitch, and a fat dip switch inspired by the Fulltone Ultimate Octave (that adds a capacitor in parallel with C10 for more mids)

Also I built a Deluxe Pitch Pirate on vero. That one is for me. I had this pedal (from Midfi) a couple years ago and loved it and always regretted parting with it.
Only mods here are a volume pot on the side (initially it was a trimpot accessible from a hole on the side, but I soon realized I prefered a pot), Midwayfair's limiter led, and the rate led is always on (it's the one on the side, and it's red while the bypass led is yellow)

I had received a bad green enclosure from Tayda (lots of bubbles and marks) and didn't know what to do with it, so I simply used a Stazon ink pad to try and "decorate" it. Not unhappy with the results, not too excited either, but I like the result and it didn't cost anything.
The wiring could have been cleaner but oh well, that's 7 pots and veroboard :D

Anyways, pics:

selfdestroyer

I love that Deluxe Pitch Pirate. The ink looks great on that green and great knob choice also.

Cody

Aleph Null

Stamps on the knobs is a great idea! I love the unified style of your builds. The lid-up approach still makes me suspicious.   ???

cajone5

Looks awesome -- the FTM is a super awesome fuzz.  It was one of my first builds and one of the very few I still hang on to.  The pitch pirate looks really cool and is high up on my future build list if I can ever work my way through the stuff I have.  Super clean especially with all that off board wiring.

Boba7

Thanks guys!!

Yeah the FTM is an awesome fuzz, I love it! The "fat" switch adds a whole other voicing that's really cool too.

The "lid up" approach makes more sense with brushed aluminum enclosures I find... But the red's for me so... :)

I wasn't too happy putting stamps on the knobs at first, but I didn't see any other way to label it and in the end I find it quite nice, and discrete, which I like. It's such a great circuit.

Dminner

gordo

+1 on the stazon ink treatment.  I really like the way it looks.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

mjg

That wiring is pretty damn clean for vero and 7 pots!  Very impressive. 

Where did you get the knobs on the first one?  The ones with the silver skirt and black triangle marker?  I've been looking for something similar lately. 

oip

love them all!  the first aluminium design looks fantastic

nice happy LDR shielding in there too

stringsthings

Excellent builds.  Very clean and pretty.

Quote from: mjg on May 02, 2017, 03:28:09 PM
That wiring is pretty damn clean for vero and 7 pots!  Very impressive. 

Where did you get the knobs on the first one?  The ones with the silver skirt and black triangle marker?  I've been looking for something similar lately.

I think Tayda sells those.
All You Need Is Love

Boba7

Yep, knobs and enclosures are from Tayda (except the black knobs on the red FOXX)

Thanks a lot guys, really happy you like them!

Martan

bluescage

Those look very nice, especially the green one!

EBK

Is there a Vero layout for the pitch pirate deluxe floating somewhere out there that I haven't seen, or is this an original layout?
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

bsoncini

Quote from: EBK on July 16, 2017, 05:46:44 AM
Is there a Vero layout for the pitch pirate deluxe floating somewhere out there that I haven't seen, or is this an original layout?

I stumbled upon this a few weeks ago. Its in the forum on the tagboard site

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Pitch-Pirate-Deluxe-Vero-Verified-td7531.html