News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

Quote from: dwstanford on August 25, 2011, 02:14:29 PM
Kinks
Stevie wonder
Dr. Dog
Ennio Morricone
MGMT
ODB
Bob Dylan
(Got my ipod on shuffle while i paint my new music room)

Music Room??? Jealous much! What colour? :)

gtr2

Quote from: timbo_93631 on August 25, 2011, 01:47:10 PM
airborne toxic event - my buddy Daren's fan-freaking-tastic band.  

Great band!  They recently played in philly.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

gabu1306

dwstanford

Quote from: nzCdog on August 25, 2011, 02:39:50 PM
Quote from: dwstanford on August 25, 2011, 02:14:29 PM
Kinks
Stevie wonder
Dr. Dog
Ennio Morricone
MGMT
ODB
Bob Dylan
(Got my ipod on shuffle while i paint my new music room)

Music Room??? Jealous much! What colour? :)

Im painting it sterling gray.  Looks bad ass.  I cant wait to finish it.  My forthcoming new kid is stealing my previous room, so im building a room above the garage.  Its 14X20 ft, which is much larger than my previous room.  Super awesome!

jcuempire

Son Volt, Black Keys, Big Star, Jimmy Bryant & Speedy West

reddo

Let me see...

Loomer
Taste
Dylan's Self Portrait
Jayhawks
Some Phish from the latest tour

Who knows what next week's playlist will be, I just got Rory Gallagher's Deuce in the mail. And I saw some Savoy Brown and Thin Lizzy CDs I haven't listened to in a while.

petesz

Baroness, Seahaven, Title Fight, Bon Iver, new Foos, Bear Hands and Kill em All era Metallica

Haberdasher

Just listened to King Crimson Discipline.  Ahhhhh, I haven't heard that in a long time. :)
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

the3secondrule

Is that the recent bon iver,  or the first album. I love "for Emma,  forever ago" not to sure about the new album..

Quote from: petesz on August 25, 2011, 08:07:03 PM
Baroness, Seahaven, Title Fight, Bon Iver, new Foos, Bear Hands and Kill em All era Metallica

"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

lincolnic

My friends in a band called The Building are streaming their new record, The Swooshy Businessman, over at haveyoueverseenafire.com. Full disclosure: I recorded the drums and mixed the entire record, but don't let that stop you - the record is so, so good.

timbo_93631

Quote from: gtr2 on August 25, 2011, 02:41:57 PM
Quote from: timbo_93631 on August 25, 2011, 01:47:10 PM
airborne toxic event - my buddy Daren's fan-freaking-tastic band.  

Great band!  They recently played in philly.

It is good to see a guy that I know is one of the best drummers alive making it in the biz.  Daren is not a physically large guy, but he is the loudest, and tightest drummer I have ever seen.  In the Airborne Toxic Event he plays with alot of control, but inside him is a super fast punk core.  His dad was always really supportive of him and the rest of us playing in bands in the small town we grew up in.  We used to jam in the rec room at Daren's house multiple times a week.  Now when you go through that same room it is the entrance to a pro recording studio his dad built on to the back of the house, so cool!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

the3secondrule

also - this: << Baroness <---> Bon Iver >>  kinda sums me up.

loud, angry guy music, vs quiet, sad guy music  ;)

"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

petesz

Quote from: the3secondrule on August 25, 2011, 08:34:40 PM
Is that the recent bon iver,  or the first album. I love "for Emma,  forever ago" not to sure about the new album..

For emma forever ago is brilliant, but im enjoying the new one too at the moment. and the blood bank ep is also real nice.

raulduke

Been listening to a lot of Black Keys and QOTSA.

PJ Harvey and Portishead too (went to see them at 'I'll be Your Mirror' and they were both outstanding).

Also dragged out my Motown Gold album to listen to some Jamerson basslines. I have bought a new bass and have put flatwounds on so I'm digging Jamerson at the mo ha!

jcuempire

Quote from: raulduke on August 26, 2011, 01:20:41 AM
Also dragged out my Motown Gold album to listen to some Jamerson basslines. I have bought a new bass and have put flatwounds on so I'm digging Jamerson at the mo ha!

Yes.